Recently our friends Rachel and April mentioned that they were in the mood for a good photo reenactment. It has been a long time. It's hard for Paul and I to come to an agreement on which picture we're going to do, as it has to speak to both of us. I was trying to think of something special to do for these lovely friends of ours, when something immediately popped into my mind. About 2 years ago, April blogged about her family trip to Texas, and she posted some photos of her extended family playing Thanksgiving football on the beach. One of her uncles really made an impression on me, and I have never forgotten him. I hope that April will take this with the love that is inherent in a bad photo recreation. May I present to you: Uncle Bruce.
And Paul:





15 comments:
I have missed these posts. Your sense of humor is amazing and makes me so happy. I usually end up laughing to tears, while people around me wonder what the hub-bub is all about. Really, really rad.
I think he must have removed the underwear after a few downs, because I found there was no way to yank them up high enough to disappear from under those sky-high shorts.
So, yes, I am going commando in that second photo.
Thank you John. That's so nice!
I love it! Thanks for the awesomeness of this reenactment...I totally remember these awesome photos on april's blog! hahaha You guys are the best!
I am laughing so hard I'm gonna pee my pants! Best Christmas present ever!!! And Paul, to clarify, my dad told him that he was being inappropriate and so he did hike his G's up. So yes, they are hiked, not removed! LMAO!!! I love it!!!
Umm... This is April's awesome sister, Alisha. And can I just briefly comment and commend you, Paul for such a fantastic recreation of Unlcle Bruce! Oh if you only understood the sheer magnitude of his weirdness - but you did a fine job of channeling your inner Bruce. Nicely done and thanks for the laugh!
Alisha
The ducktail at the back of Paul's head speaks worlds to me. The only thing it doesn't explain is whether or not I intend to wear dark socks the next time I play football. The answer to that question is forthcoming.
No he did not! This guy is too funny. But there's one in every family right?
Love the way even Paul's socks are sand dusted. You guys pay attention to detail!
P.S. I've been back a few times to laugh at this post.
I was in tears with these photos as well. His hair is just so perfect. The part - oh the part! It goes back for miles. And also I love the socks on the beach. Who does that? People who want the freedom from shoes but not the gross feeling of fresh air on your toes.
I'm trying out my new color changing comments that Joel made for me. Testing, testing.
I
have
to
do
a
really
big
one
to
make
the
cupcake
show.
Thanks Joel!
Will this work? I apologize to everyone who signed up for comment notification. You may be on the verge of email inundation while Mandi and I work to make sure her blog comments are working properly.
Cool comment boxes- color changing?! Love the new blog design...
I like your new header and stuff.
Can I come to a photo recreation? Is the process fun or is it all sweat and tears for our enjoyment? So funny.
I want you to blog more.
Heidi
Yes, Heidi, you can come to a photo recreation. But it is a lot of Paul walking around in his underwear.....so attend at your own peril.
Post a Comment