1.26.2011

Oh how I've missed you.....

Sunday paper.  We haven't been getting the paper for awhile.  For a couple years we were getting it free from my grandma, but then it stopped coming.  No need to concern yourself with that part of the story.  The point is that we were faced with whether we should pay to get the paper again.  We decided against it, since we never actually read it.  The Monday thru Saturday papers were used solely for the crossword, defacing the Buckles cartoon (the stupidest comic strip to exist), and making a protective cover for the table during craft projects.  The Sunday paper was enjoyed the most, as there is an even bigger crossword, the Parade (entertainment news), my beloved coupons, and perhaps the Dave Barry column.  But we decided that even those things were not worth our money.

Anyway, lately I've been looking high and low on the internet for a razor coupon.  I cannot bring myself to pay full price for razors - they are so ridiculously expensive!  The cheap ones cut you to shreds, so you have to buy the nice ones, and if you can imagine the face I make when I balk at something (and I think you can), you know what I look like when I see the price of a Venus Embrace refill pack.   That look is also accompanied by a strong black woman saying, "oh hell no" in my head.  So I haven't bought razors for awhile.

The shaving requirements of men vs. women are really unfair.  Men complain all the time about shaving, but if you compare the square inch area of half of their face to our two legs - almost half of our body - they should feel lucky that that's all society requires of them.  Actually, it's not a requirement at all.  When men don't want to shave, they grow beards - winter beards, vacation beards, icky homeless guy beards......pretty much any reason is acceptable to grow a beard.  It is rugged and manly - a "style choice."  But when a woman decides to grow a "winter leg beard" it is deemed "gross."  Such an annoying double standard!

Ok, it's taking me a long time to get to my actual point.  The point is, we bought a Sunday paper so I could look for razor coupons.  And I forgot what else I have been missing.  The ADS.  Oh, the dear, sweet, ridiculous ads.  I came across a new one that I love.  I present to you, the Magnetic Slimming Panty!


No more lumps and lines!  Just tiny little bumps all over your butt and frontal area.  I already have a slimming undergarment like this that I refer to as my "sausage casing," but never did I think I would find one that healed me, too!   Paul, we need to start getting the paper again.

Speaking of slimming, I am trying to find a way to make me stay on a diet and exercise plan.  I can go hardcore for 2 weeks, but then I do the opposite of dieting and exercise hardcore for several more weeks.  It doesn't really get me anywhere.  I have this book called "100 Days of Weight Loss," and I thought to inspire me, I would put a marker board up on my fridge counting down my 100 days.  Paul decided he would make my numbers even more inspiring:




Can't wait for 97.

10 comments:

Montgomery Q said...

The ad promises a "shapelier derriere" but I can't imagine you having a shapelier derriere.

Shapelier derriere.
Shapelier derriere.
Oh, shapelier derriere. I feel a low quality song coming on.

I think we need to start defacing Family Circus. That's even more retarded.

Montgomery Q said...

I wonder what that model would look like in Non-magnetic Non-slimming panties. Probably grotesquely obese.

Boy Mom said...

Magnetic Slimming Panties to make you more...attractive. Subliminal advertising at it's finest.

Joel said...

I don't think those can be classified as panties. That word bestows the idea of daintiness. Or at least not enormity.

I'm not familiar with the Buckles comic strip, but I have a hard time believing it can be worse than Cathy.

Montgomery Q said...

Remember Bloom County? That was comic I could really get behind. Now every single one is taking the Family Circus route and just using slice-of-life nonjokes to take up space and piss me off.

Example: a dog comes up and picks up a bone. A kid sees this and comments "Dogs sure like bones!" (Pause for laughter)

Montgomery Q said...

Oh my hell. I just went to the latest Family Circus joke.

Dad holds out the phone to the oldest kid, who was watching tv.
Kid says "I sure hope its somebody important."

Bil Keane got paid to draw that and submit that to a paper, which was then approved for mass publication in thousands of newspapers. "I sure hope its somebody important" I want to punch somebody.

Angie said...

Oh, man. I've got tears from laughing so hard. Great ad. I love you, Mandi!

heidi said...

Mandi, I've been reading about people who make lots of money with their blogs. I've read some of them and yours should be the one making money! You are so dang funny. Paul's comments are hilarious too.

Christine said...

Mandi, You updated. I hate that my RSS feed doesn't work anymore. It was so good seeing you the other day. I totally agree with Heidi when she says you should make a blog and earn money through it. YOu could be up there with the Nie and CJane!!!!

Jaime said...

I finally understand all of the new razor presents you got for you birthday. I was a little worried when Jeni told me what she got you...

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com