
Speaking of sex offenders, Isabel (not a sex offender) just finished the RAD kids program, which teaches kids how to kick Herbie Manns in the crotch. This is a video of her final day. They had several stations to complete - tell a trusted grownup where you're going, ask for the family password, beat up an attacking dummy, and.....oh, Isabel...don't forget to run over to the huge scary guy in the red padded suit and give him what for!
I'm glad they learn this stuff and I think it's important, but seeing tiny Isabel against that huge guy......it's not hard to see who would win in real life. A sobering thought.
Speaking of disturbing things, there's a weight training video I've had for years, that I recently started doing again, called "In Shape with Rachel McLish." It's a really good video, as far as the exercises go, but sometimes she can be.......off-putting. Here's a small, horrific sampling (shoo any children from the room now):
Was the opening and closing of the mouth really necessary? How exactly does that enhance my stretch? (Be quiet Paul). And I don't need a throaty "YES" said at any point during my workouts. Please.
Speaking of Scrabble on Facebook, (I wasn't, but I am now) I have been playing my brother Zak and am about to crush him for the 3rd time. (Ok, he beat me once. Badly.) But due to his school schedule (I think that's his excuse) it takes him DAYS to take his turn. And it drives me mad. So if anyone would like to play me at Scrabble, I am ready and willing. To crush you.
And speaking of you being jealous of me, I bet your husband didn't buy you some chocolate praying hands for Easter. Mine did.

11 comments:
Oh so many thoughts on this post...
*Mikkele has done RADkids twice now. We actually had a little experience with her utilizing her skills. She thought she was in trouble. It turned out that the guy was really looking for his daughter, but she proved that she had actually paid attention.
*I threw up a little watching the work out video.
*I will take you on any day at Scrabble. Name the day and time. It's ON on like Donkey Kong!
*Jealous of your chocolate praying hands. Paul always knows the perfect gift. Remind him my birthday's coming up, I could use a laugh. ;)
1 - Gross
2 - Go Isabel, go!
3 - Gross
Love the prayer hands!
So very entertaining.
I would never stand a chance against you in Scrabble. Why are you so amazing at all games? So not fair.
Nothing wrong with making your workout sexy.
I would like to play Scrabble with you...please send instructions. Not Facebook Scrabble, though.
April - I challenged you on facebook. Let's do this.
Paul - I'm not going to research another way to play when it's so easy through facebook. You can still maintain your hatred for facebook while playing scrabble. It is possible. Just stay offline so no one chats with you.
I love scrabble, but my fear of being taken down and stomped on is high. I REALLY have a hard time looking at Herbie and skank work out girl. Nasty! I love the chocolate hands.
Oh yea- I forgot to comment on Isabel. WOW - I don't think a little kid would dare fight off a big adult. So scary! I'm glad they're being taught to do that.
WHAT is that flute man thinking? So wrong.
I could barely watch Isabel fighting with that big, armed man. It actually makes me cry a little. Is it a school program?
I could NEVER work out to that video. Ew, ew, ew.
I am super jealous of the chocolate hands and I would never play you at scrabble because you would destroy me and I hate to lose. :)
Wow - I really need to learn to play the flute!
You said this wasn't a funny post, but I am CRYING laughing. Thanks. I'll play you at Scrabble.
You're so mean, why must fuzzy, flute playing men with naked navel album covers be stereotyped?
Way to go with the crotch kung-fu, Isabel.
Can I come workout with you and Rachel?
Chocolate praying hands? Now I'm even more bummed that my Mom was all uptight about the Jesus Power fabric for the back of your quilt.
Thanks for the laugh you write the best posts.
Post a Comment