1.16.2009

holla

This is a shoutout to Nancy. Hi Nancy. Nancy is a friend of my brother Ike and his wife Jen. I have never met her, but apparently she is a fan of my blog. When we have dinner at my mom's sometimes Ike n Jen mention Nancy. "Nancy wants to know what you're like in person." "Nancy was sad that you didn't come to Porter's blessing because she wanted to meet you." "Nancy thinks you must be really extroverted and funny to be around. We keep telling her that you're not." Thanks guys. It's true, though. There is a strange disconnect between the written me and the in-person me. But thank you, Nancy, for making me feel cool in front of my family. Now please don't take it personally if I purposely avoid meeting you. I'm just trying to keep the magic alive.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really am a devoted fan - I appreciate a good sense of humor. I have a tattoo - so maybe you can assume I'm dumb and I'll assume you're really cool.

Anonymous said...

Did I say tattoos are dumb??! I was TOTALLY KIDDING about that. Alienating people seems to be what I do best. Sorry.

Prilla said...

Nancy...Mandi is really cool in person, don't let her tell you otherwise. It just takes about 5 years of living next to each other with minimal talking to one another, then you each move away, and that's when you start to really hang out and get to know each other and see the true personality. Give it some time, it'll happen.

Katy said...

Mandy! You are hilarious! I could just see you and Ike and Jen at Aunt Pat's having this conversation! Nancy definetly has magic to keep alive!

heidi said...

Watering eyes from laughing too much. Love.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com