12.29.2008

the very best gift


Christmas was very nice. It was full of family and fun and the magic of the season and all that good stuff. I got a lot of nice gifts, but my most favorite was from Isabel. Her class made these little paper bag scrapbooks - it's so cute. It's got recipes and poems, and in the pockets there are promises of things that she will do for me. Her teacher made them put "cheerfully" at the end of each one. There's nothing like forced cheer!



Ok........sounds good.

So sweet!



She will "try," wait, no, "TRY" - try to try?
Aaawww - warms a mother's heart.

11 comments:

Montgomery Q said...

I will try not to hurt Alex cheerfully. That is my promise to you.

Boy Mom said...

School teachers just don't get paid enough for this kind of wonderfulness.

I will pay higher taxes so that teachers can force cheer more forcefully, cheerfully.

Maybe Alex can come over here and play with Isaac Tuesday.

What are y'all doing for new years?

Linz said...

That is so funny! Great present!

mandi said...

I've cooked up a wicked cough and chest/head cold. Looks like Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve is on the agenda. What are you doing? I need to get your email address! Sometimes I'll think of something I need to tell you and I'd rather not write it in the comments section of your blog. Heaven forbid I pick up the telephone. :) Anyway, I'm sure Alex would love to play!

Michelle said...

That is such an adorable idea. And the try to TRY conversion is so convincing ... and hilarious. She's a thinker - that one! :)

Boy Mom said...

I can never find my phone,or ward list.

smithrisu@comcast.net

Sorry about the cold. We used to rock with old Dick Clark till 12:00pm
east coast time, hoot and holler, then put the kiddos to bed at 10:00 mountain standard. They're on to us now, dang!

tiffany said...

that is so cute love it

gotta go girl said...

So funny! I love the "cheerfully". You can remind her all year of her promises!

heidi said...

That teacher must be a mom. No one else would think to put "cheerfully" at the end. I guess unless you were a grumpy kid.

It hurts me to do things cheerfully.

Pam and Rand said...

Isabel is a doll - she usually doesn't have a hard time being cheerful. The enmity between twin siblings is a very real thing - as I know from experience. I'm glad she is going to try to try. Funny,

sugarbritches said...

I hate it when people hurt me cheerfully.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com