Speaking of the bus, she missed it, because of my excessive picture-taking. Oopsy. That sparked another memory - me running after the bus almost every morning, people yelling to the bus driver to stop so I could get on, and the heavy-breathing, sweating, walk of shame down the aisle. You'd think the embarrassment would prevent me from being late every day, but it didn't. Ok Paul, you're right - I have no concept of time. I see it now.
I can't believe the summer is officially over! That went by so fast. In other news, Isabel felt sick the day after we looked at the stars, and I thought it was because she didn't get enough sleep. She also kept complaining about her mosquito bites. Well, yesterday she was complaining about getting even more mosquito bites, and I looked at her face and stomach and said, "Is there a mosquito nest in your room? Because those are out of control!" Then it finally dawned on me - CHICKENPOX. Doi. She had the chickenpox shot when she was little, but the nurse I talked to said that they're seeing a lot of cases lately with kids that have been immunized. Poor girl. Her pox are supposed to be totally scabbed over before she's not contagious, and her first day of school is on Monday..... I don't know if she'll make it. Hopefully the boys' shots will hold up.

9 comments:
i cant belive you have a child in jr. high school. you are way to young to have a child that old. then again angie has a 15 year old im shocked at that as well. im so sorry about the chicken pox. when i went to arizona for thanksgiving i was supposed to stay with his brother and wife but couldnt becuse there baby had the chicken pox so i stayed with kents parents it was tun
My first day of seventh grade: I wore a black, sleeveless, breakdancing shirt and bright neon-blue pegged pants. and mismatched converse high-tops. I was Capital-R Rad.
I remember my first day of Junior High and good old Wasatch (now burned down)... I was so excited and scared... worried I would get stuffed in a locker (I had seen the movies!). Luckily all went well and I never once got stuffed in a locker all three years! So sorry about the chicken pox... worst fear!
I remember my first day of Junior High and good old Wasatch (now burned down)... I was so excited and scared... worried I would get stuffed in a locker (I had seen the movies!). Luckily all went well and I never once got stuffed in a locker all three years! So sorry about the chicken pox... worst fear!
Maddie is super cute! Lucky lucky girl. Plus she is stylin as well. I hope she has lots of fun this year.
Why couldn't we all have Paul's radical confidence??? I remember Jr. High being totally fun though. You didn't have to look rad in Spanish Fork.
maddie looks so grown up in that picture! and really cute.
I hated junior high and can only hope my kids don't experience what I did! luckily she isn't ugly or fat like I was so she should be just fine!
Rusty starts Jr. High on Tuesday, and I'm nervous, too. I bet Maddie will do great, and Rusty, too. Too bad about the chicken pox. I hope Isabel gets better quick. What a pain!
Poor Isabel. Bless her heart!
Maddie is GORGEOUS!! Her hair looks so dang cute. And I love her bag.
If you can survive Jr. High - you can survive anything ... that's been my motto for awhile. lol.
I NEVER once missed the bus, Mandi - so what's my problem now? Concept of time? huh.
Is that crimped hair? She's so cute.
My first day of 7th grade I wore a blue and white polka dot Esprit outfit - I even straightened my hair - I thought I was the shift. But soon enough the poppies found out I was an imposter.
I hope Maddie has fun! Poor Isabel. Are they gone yet?
Post a Comment