(did not look anything like this)
Yesterday I heard on the news that there would be an awesome meteor shower between 2am and 5am. I told the kids during FHE and they were all super excited to get up and see it. I googled some info about it and found out that ideal viewings would be away from city lights and pollution. So we woke all the kids up at 3am and drove to the top of Squaw Peak, set up lawn chairs and waited for the breathtaking spectacle. The view of the city lights and the stars were very pretty. The meteor shower itself was sort of underwhelming, but every couple minutes there would be an "ooh" or "aah" or a "Hey I saw one!" It was a fun thing to do with the fam. I was surprised by how many people were up there watching it, too. Probably BYU students using it as an excuse to make out all night. Yes, I'm jealous, ok? I said it.8.12.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Mandi...what a great thing to do with your family. I wish I had been there!!! Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog!!! I am so glad you are my sweet, funny, cute fun niece!!!
that sounds fun and im really tired at 3 am also i love reading your blog best stories ever
Do you remember when we did that in Bounitful? You kids were pretty little. About 9:00 at night we decided to load sleeping bags and go to the top of Farmington Peak. We went with Holly Johnson's family. It was dark so we just threw out the sleeping bags on the ground. I think most of us slept though the star show. You'd wake up to an occasional OOOO AHHH - but go promply back to sleep. I saw a few shooting stars, but mostly remember a crazy night. It is a fun memory.
How fun! I love your new template.
It was a learning experience. Next time, we're going somewhere grassy.
Way cool. I absolutely LOVE that pic of Isabel yawning. So. dang. Cute!
Post a Comment