2.20.2008

B-U-M. That spells bum.

Oliver is obsessed with letters. Last night I heard him talking in his sleep, "....E F G H I J K...." It's so funny. A couple months ago he started calling out the letters on signs and shirts - wherever he saw them, and I didn't even know he knew them yet. "S-T-O-P. That spells sign!" He knows all of them without me teaching him. I think he learned them from this PBS show called "Super Why." It totally surprised me. He makes letters out of his food, he writes letters on our brown wall with a wet wipe, and whenever we're near a keyboard he MUST press the letters and tell me what they are. He can already write several of them, and he'll write them over and over - they must be perfectly formed or he gets upset.

I bought this little spelling toy for Maddie like 7 years ago, which he discovered and it is now his "cyompyooter." His favorite word to spell? Bum. Naturally. Here's a way too long video of him spelling on his computer:

14 comments:

Linz said...

HAHAHA!!! He's so cute!

tiffany said...

that is to cute he is his fathers son isnt he?

Montgomery Q said...

Maybe someday he'll learn to spell "surprised" as good as his mom.

I'm pretty sure I didnt learn how to spell "bum" that early.

Anonymous said...

rreeeeeaaaaallllyyy??!

Montgomery Q said...

Remember when you told Alex "I guess now you'll have to go to bed, and you wont get to spell"? I think that kind of threat would work on Oliver.

Prilla said...

He is so stinkin' cute. It's a proud moment when your child can spell bum. I've told a lot of people about how cute he is when he spells. I think you guys are gonna be in trouble when he gets older. He's gonna be too smart for his own good.

CARRIE "THE FABULOUS" said...

First of all ur little boy is flippin cute! And B with Paul as his dad I am pretty sure much more fun words will be spelled.

Jaime said...

He is SOOOO cute! I love his excitment everytime she says the word and when he says it seriously with her. bum. I love him!

tiffanie said...

He is super cute!

Michelle said...

Holy COW!! That is one smart kid. I love how sparkly his eyes are. What a great toy. He obviously loves it. I loved the WHOLE video ... wasn't nearly long enough. :) Thanks for sharing.

Christine said...

I love Super Why. It's the best thing to happen to tv. He is so cute when he gets all excited about spelling bum.

Sherri said...

Don't let Paul teach him any words like 'mucosa'

heidi said...

He's a freaking genius. Seriously. And freaking cute to boot.

heidi said...

Does everyone know that he's 2? TWO people. I'm just jealous that he spells better than my 3 and a half year old.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com