12.09.2007

more oliver

For some reason it's easier to blog something than actually crack open a journal and write in it. Here are some things I need to remember about Oliver before he gets bigger and stops doing them:

He says grink instead of drink, as in, "I want a grink," or "I grinking." I will not teach him the correct word because it's so cute I want him to say it for the rest of his life.

When I pretend to be scared he comforts me by saying, "It's not scary, it's beautiful."

After I tossed one of his toys into a basket -
Oliver: Not in the garbage!
Me: That's a basket, not a garbage.
Oliver: YES I CAN!
Me: Ok, you win.

(Oliver peeling paint off the wall.)
Me: Don't do that! You're breaking the wall!
Oliver: Mooommmmyyy......pleeeeeaaaase?? Please I break it? Pleeeaaase. I. Break it. Mommy, please I can break it?? (again and again)

Mommy is now MEM or MEEEMEEE.

When he wants to be picked up he says, "I hold you!"

When he knows he's in trouble and you're about to get mad at him, he yells, "BE NICE!!" over and over at the top of his lungs.

He has decided that his middle finger works best for pointing at things.
(also, when you have Hulk next to Big Bird on your Christmas
tree, you know you're doing something right)

8 comments:

Montgomery Q said...

He makes it extremely hard to discipline him. There is no way to express anger, because he'll just say BE NICE. At that point I just have to go laugh somewhere, so I dont encourage him.

You should call this blog "Oliver is Dandoo".

heidi said...

All those things are so so cute. Mia still says, "Mom, I hold you?" We tried to hang on to "nandy" for candy, but I think she says it right now.

I love the "BE NICE!" That's a smart move to get out of trouble.

Missed you guys last night.

Pam and Rand said...

It's so hard not to have a 2 year old around. That was dad and my favorite year with all of you kids. So so cute! It's so fun having 2 year old grandkids, except we don't see them enough. We missed you too.

Jaime said...

He is the cutest. I love the finger pointing. Kobe always asks me if that is a BAD finger while flipping me off. Not so cute anymore...

We missed you guys, too! It's just not the same without you. You missed an awesome ping pong shot to Gary's forehead. It was a pee my pants moment.

Christine said...

He is the cutest kid. I need to start writing these things down about my own kids. He seems like a sweet, sweet boy.

Michelle said...

Awwwww ... I loved reading this! So cute and funny, funny, FUNNY!

I love the "YES I CAN!" That is hilarious. I don't know how many times I say "Okay, you win." and "Whatever." in a 24 hour period. Countless. O MAN!

What a cutie Oliver is.

Love ya!

tiffany said...

love it of course the middle finger is easiest to point with it's the longest finger

Linz said...

Oh, he is so cute! How could you ever possibly get mad at something that adorable??????

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com