12.13.2007

and yet more oliver

This blog is very Oliver-based, but I can't help it. He's cute.

Aaahh.....Christmas with a 2-year-old. We have a tree in the kitchen and another tree for the kids in the living room. The kids' tree has all the Sesame Street/Disney ornaments, so Oliver is constantly messing with it. Every day he breaks another ornament, and today he knocked the whole tree down. For some reason this doesn't stress me out. Maybe I've learned patience from my other kids. Or maybe it's because he's the baby and gets away with everything. Or maybe it's because that tree is hideous, and I want to burn it. Ok, that's probably what it is.

Anyway, a couple of days ago, Paul's mom dropped off a whole bunch of gifts for us to put under our tree. Oliver found out which one was his and has been asking me every day if he can open it. It's hard to explain to a 2-year-old that he has to wait until Christmas. He has no clue what I'm talking about. So tonight he decided to stop asking and just open it already. I was washing dishes in the very same room - completely oblivious to what he was doing. He said very proudly, "Mom! I opened my present!" Paul thinks I rewarded him by getting the camera and thinking it was cute, but.......it was cute. And cute things must be documented.

Proud

9 comments:

Jaime said...

You can NOT get cuter than that! I love his sad "OK's". He knows how to work it!

Your kids are so smart!

Pat and Brent said...

Very cute. It's funny how the younger kids can get away with so much more. Even still, you don't fully appreciate the little ones until they're your grandkids and then anything they do is adorable.

Sherri said...

He's so cute! So what if it seems like you're rewarding him. He's 2. How many chances will you have to record this. You did the right thing!

tiffany said...

he is a boy after my one heart i love opening presence when they are right there in front of me. the other day i noticed christmas presence for me at mom and dads so i was trying to get my neices to tell me what they where no luck they wouldnt tell me and mom and dad where annoied that i was doing that. cute cute cute video

Michelle said...

Oliver is so DANG cute! Definitely hard to be mad at that face EVER!!

Cute puzzle too. I want one. (different names, of course).

Linz said...

HE is the CUTEST!!!! Love me so Oliver!

Christine said...

I would never be able to get mad at him. He is so sweet and has such a sweet voice. He is a really good mixuture of you and Paul. Have a Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I left a message a couple days ago. Guess it didn't work.

He is so so so so cute.

Ya gotta get the cute moments while they last!

Pam and Rand said...

I know I left a comment along time ago - he is so cute! I love 2 year olds so much. They are the most fun of any age.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com