11.05.2007

sllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppyy

Yes, it's 2:30am. And I'm blogging. So what.

Oliver has made it a habit lately of waking up at 2am or so and crying for me to come get him. If Paul gets him he freaks out and cries, "WHERE'S MOM??! WHERE'S MOM??!" and then when he's plopped in bed next to me he laughs, "MOM! There you are!" all relieved and happy. I have to admit, I love this, and I have always loved laying next to his little warm body, and we snuggle and kiss and make out and it is a lovely thing. (And Paul watches us with disgust and jealousy.) But he's bigger now, and his snuggling has gotten less enjoyable. He grinds his scalp into mine and tries to position his body as close to/on top of me as humanly possible, and by morning I am teetering on the edge of the mattress, in some strange yogaic (yogaic? I'm pretty sure that's not a word, but I like it) position trying not to fall off the bed. As much as I love being with him, it's just not conducive to a good night's sleep.

Like I'm gonna say no to snuggling this. THIS!

So tonight's the night I'm supposed to be firm and steadfast in the denial of the mom's bed lovefest. He woke up at 2, right on cue and called for me. I went in and hugged and kissed him and told him he couldn't come with me, he had to lay down and go to sleep. He did NOT like this, so I just hugged him for awhile and then left. The "MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM" screams got to be too much for me, so I came down here to hear less of it. He's got a cold, too, so it makes it extra sad, and it's hurting my heart. I went in there two more times and hugged and assured and then left.....and....I think the crying's stopped. This is good news. It worked. Hopefully he'll remember this lesson tomorrow night, but I'm not counting on it.

Anyway, this took my mind off that for a little while. Here's some Halloween pictures, before it's too late to show them. (Loudboy, you better be working on your presentation. We all want to see this year's awesomeness. Wahwee - kick him into gear. With an actual kick. A "love" kick, if you will. Did I mention I took an ambien awhile ago. My writing is getting fuzzy now. Will publish Halloween pics tomorrow. g'night

13 comments:

Linz said...

Wow... not snuggling with THAT is practically criminal! Good luck with that! HAHAHA!

Zak said...

Oliver is too cute. I would have a hard time not giving in to snuggle time. Although I don't think I would make out with him... that's just weird Mandi.

Anonymous said...

you're weird

Montgomery Q said...

It is weird to make out with your son.

I didnt sleep either...I dont get to use ambien because I have to get up in the morning.

What made it worse was him say "I cant get out....MOM!!!....Daddy?...OK I hold you...MOM!!!"

Jeni said...

So precious. I can totally relate. Up until Van was about 10 months I would bring him into bed with us in the middle of the night when he cried and just let him sleep there between us. I loved waking up to his sweet, sleeping little face. The only reason I stopped back then was because I knew my heart would hurt more and more the older he got, especially when I could hear him yelling for me. I want to tell you to be strong but then again I want to tell you to enjoy it while he'll still cuddle with you!

heidi said...

I really really hate to say that Mia's been sleeping with me and Gary's been sleeping in Mia's bed. For, well, weeks. It's not good. I guess we know how to stop the madness, it just takes waking up MORE times in the night and I just can't handle that right now.

I love how he gets all excited when he sees you. That's super sweet. He is the sweetest boy I know.

Michelle said...

Awwwww ... that is so hard. Good luck! I love that he was finally willing to settle for Dad - hahahaha - that's great.

Looking forward to those Halloween pics!

And ... yeah ... Krystal still sleeps with us. Hmmmmmmm ...

Michelle said...

PS - I'm totally adding "yogaic" to my vocab list. Thanks!!

Jaime said...

What happened to me? I absolutely hate cuddling with anyone when I'm sleeping. Even adorable Oliver would have to sleep on the floor. I missed out on that nice gene. The kids always wake up there dad if they need anything during the night or else they might get yelled at.

PS - that is the SWEETEST picture ever.

Pam and Rand said...

Jaim - you are the smart one! I cuddled (or more realistic - lost quality sleep) with both Mandi & Zak for years. Jaime, Heidi and Ike stayed in their own beds. I'm not sure how it happens- but I know you need to stick with making cute Oliver stay in his own bed Mand. Heidi - you need to develop some tough love as well I think.

Kent and Leisy said...

I refuse to have Zeb in my bed - I would roll over, crush his little head, and cause brain damage! I'm sure glad Zeb loves his crib!
-kent

Pat and Brent said...

I'm with you Jaime. I got up with the babies but Brent was the one they went to from 2 to 20. Pretty good deal for me!

Christine said...

I guess I'm like Jamie. I love to snuggle with the kids when they are sleepy but I can't sleep with kids in our bed. I just sit there and wonder if they are going to roll off during the night. I'm crazy.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com