Due to old single-paned windows and no air conditioner, the temperature of our house is strikingly indicative of the seasons. Summer is very hot, winter is very cold, and there are about two weeks of spring and fall that are aaaaahhhhh just right. Anyway, our house is very cold right now.
I've always had a problem with cold hands. Every time I've been part of a reception line it has been torture - for the obvious reasons, but also because EVERY SINGLE person I shake hands with has to comment on how cold my hands are. "Oooh - your hands are so cold!" "Oooh - your hands are so cold!" Repeat one hundred times.It recently came to my attention that, like my hands, my butt also gets freezing cold. I told Paul that my butt should be considered an extremity. Then he told me that my butt should be held up by a crutch like this painting by Salvador Dali:
And I thanked him heartily for those kind words. Speaking of good things that Paul says, he told me that I could write about some of his more memorable quotes. I think it might be a new recurring segment on my blog. (Why do they always involve Paul?) But I need help with the title. All I've got right now is - "Paul Browning: Sayer of Good Things." So give me some suggestions. And please no comments about my butt. Thanks.

9 comments:
What does that painting MEAN??? I was an art history major and I can't for the life of me figure that one out! I'm going to have to do some google searching.
My hands start their cold cycle around now and it lasts until late spring... weird.
I think you should call the new installment:
Tactful Thoughts: by Paul Browning
or perhaps
Relished Remarks from Paul Browning
Oh my gosh Mandi. You are so funny.
That guy's expression in the painting reminds me of Paul - you should recreate that painting.
Hmmmm.
"Paul Saying Paul Things"
or just "Crap. What did he say?"
I'm not dumb.
You are funny saying your butt should be an extremity.
My first thought to that painting was HOLY CRAP, until I realized that he was facing the other way. It scared me for a sec.
My hands are cold now too. When you shake someone's hand just say, "oooh your hands are so warm."
Fecal matters, by Paul Browning.
My hands are so cold all the time -my patients suffer. It's usually a good way to check their level of consciousness cause it wakes them right up. One time my patient came in for a cardioversion (shock treatment for irregular heartrate) When I went to put his patches on he jumped a mile because of my cold fingers and that threw him back into rhythm! That was shock enough.
I sometimes put a small blanket or pillowcase over my butt at night cause it's a little cooler than other places. (Is that too much info?)
That painting is very bizarre!
I agree with jaime. totally doesn't look like a bum cheek to me. ew.
-leisy
Everyone's comments made me laugh.
Jen - it's called The Enigma of William Tell, and if you find out the meaning let me know. Sorry to scare everyone with the picture. Dali was so bizarre, yet also hilarious.
Pat - that's awesome that you shocked that guy back into rhythm! At least your cold hands are good for something.
I love the Fecal Matters, Jaime.
That picture is gross. The comments are definately good. I often go to bed with a heating pad to warm the extremities(yes butt included). I'm afraid the Taylor gene is to blame.
Post a Comment