
Maddie is a marketing genius. I think she may have found her true calling in life. Last Saturday she decided to have a Koolaid stand. We only had those tiny Dixie cups, so I told her she ought to sell them for like 10 cents. She decided on 25 cents with 3 free refills. It wasn't until later that I found out that she made Alex and Isabel walk up and down the sidewalk in costumes to attract business. What costumes you ask? Well, Alex in a tutu, for one. I don't know how she got him to do that, but they made 19 bucks!! I'm going into the Koolaid stand business. I would have taken pictures had I known what was going on, but I hear that one of the neighbor kids took one, so hopefully I'll be getting that soon.
In other news...our tv is chirping. You know it's going to be a bad day when you're still half-asleep and your husband tells you that he found the cricket cage partially open on the floor and that one of them escaped. Then later, thinking you dreamed that, you look at the
cricket cage and find it completely empty. I called Paul to ask how he knew that just one escaped, since there were at least 6 in there. "Oh....well I guess all of them escaped, then," he says. FABULOUS. The only one with an actual identifiable location is the one INSIDE the tv. I can hear it chirping in there somewhere, and it's not very dumb.Here's the deal. We are done with this frog. I know this is not going to entice any of you to take it off our hands, but if you know ANYONE that would like a frog, this one's free of charge. Plus it comes with many, many free accessories. We're keeping the tank....but everything else....FREE. How can you pass up such a deal??
This frog never eats. I seriously don't know how he keeps on living. The frog care instructions say that this type of frog is prone to overeating and obesity, and the salesgirl at Petco told me to expect him to outgrow his water dish and get really big. Not our frog. Our frog is the Nicole Richie of the amphibian world. He goes like two weeks without eating anything and he's extremely skinny. Yet he keeps on tickin. I don't feel like waiting around 20 minutes to get a Petco employee to bag ONE cricket for me, so I just buy the pre-bagged ones. It's like 80 cents a bag for about 10 crickets. Waaaay too many. I guess I should let all the other ones go, but it seems wasteful.
So then there's this particularly retarded batch. The bag said 10, but it had to be more like 15. The cricket cage isn't very big, so I got a mason jar and put half of them in there, so they wouldn't be crawling all over each other. They won't SHUTUP - they chirp constantly. Some Spartan cricket in the mason jar promptly killed all the others, stacking their bodies and spreading their legs around. It was appetizing to see. And have I mentioned how good dead crickets smell?? FANTASTIC. I just threw the entire mason jar away. Now this fiasco with the remaining crickets escaping is just the last straw.
So, come on, any takers?

5 comments:
We need to get those pics from Alexa. I cant wait.
I will go on a cricket killing spree when I get home. I thought there was just one, because I could only hear one, and you'd think that if they were all out living it up in our house, they would all be hootin and hollerin.
I might also go on a frog killing spree.
I suggest we let the frog out to eat the crickets, then we get a cat to eat the frog. Then a walrus to eat the cat. Wait. This whole plan relies on the frog eating, which it wont do.
I want to see those pictures. That is awesome that maddie made so much money!
Poor Alex in a tutu. I hope he got his share of the loot! Maddie is a street savvy young lady - it'll be fun to see what she does in life.
Hmmmm, usually I would jump at the chance for a free frog + accessories, but this one sounds like a pain in the arse.
I'm so glad I gave you the frog - so I could read your hillarious sagas. I remember a cricket got in our house and went under the TV in the basement in Sandy. It was insanely loud and we couldn't find it for about a week.
Maddie is awesome! How funny - the twins attracting customers. I always get annoyed to see the Statue of Liberty - or Weiner - or billboard pizza guy trying to attract customers. I think that is not going to make me go in - but it must really work.
Maddie is quite the business woman. That is a lot of Kool-Aid sold to make $19.00! Last summer Natalie's kids, Zach and Katie, made a total killing in their neighborhood selling ice cream. Ticked off the ice cream man. You will have to ask Natalie about her connection and business plan, etc. It could be a profitable summer for your kids.
I am amazed at your patience with this frog. During a moment of weakness we bought Bronson a hermit crab for his birthday. I think it lasted about one week. We didn't kill it, but pawned it off on the neighbor. Once they had it, I took no responsibility or guilt for its fate.
Post a Comment