1.26.2007
scary
Hey all. Paul's cell phone is out of batteries -otherwise I would just call mom to spread the word. The surgeon just came and talked to us. He said everything went well, except they found a surprising thing. The section of his aorta that was narrowed was "extremely long" in his words. He showed us the length of the patch they had to use. And yes, they had to use a patch instead of just cutting it out and sewing it back together. The best method is cutting and sewing them together because you're joining natural tissue and it will grow. But in this case he didn't feel like it would be long enough to stretch and sew together, since they cut out so much. SO he has this patch, which is the next best thing which should grow with him too - I guess it's just not ideal. He will wake up soon and then we can find out if his legs and everything are ok. The doctor still doesn't know about that yet. So...that's the latest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is scary - wouldn't they have seen that on the x-ray? How is he doing today?
So the patch will grow with him? That is amazing that they can do that! Are his legs ok? I'm sorry you had to deal with a grouchy nurse - that is the worst!
It was so good to see that he is doing so well - such a brave boy! It was good to hear the Pediatric Cardiologist say the procedure was a success - even while I was there the nurse thought the blood pressure was improving. I know he is being watched over by Heavenly Father.
Post a Comment