We are home! Oliver is doing so well. It's crazy to think he was in surgery just 4 days ago. He's running around, playing, and being his funny little self. I have to give him one of about 5 different medicines every so often. He hates that, but his pain medicine sure perks him up! I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep and am not quite ready to deal with his new energy just yet. I was trying to get him to lay down by me and take a nap and he was pouring milk on my face from his bottle and poking my eyes and being very silly. I guess we'll both have to do without a nap for today. It's really amazing how fast he's gotten back to normal and we're sooooooo happy and thankful. I tried to write a blog about some of the hospital experiences, but I thought I better do some editing.
Anyway, thank you so much everybody for your help!! Mom and Dad - thank you for taking care of the kids and spoiling them rotten. They have so much new stuff it was like Christmas all over again. Thank you for my little party at the hospital with all the nice presents and the cake. Thank you Jaime for taking the kids and even summoning the tooth fairy for Isabel! You're awesome. Thank you Heidi for the beautiful flowers and listening to my crying rants on the phone and offering your support. That helped more than you know. Thank you Ike and Jen for providing a place for us to crash just in case and for checking every hotel around Salt Lake during the busiest hotel time of year. That was so nice! Everyone was so sweet and helpful and we are grateful to you. I'm glad life can get back to normal now.
1.30.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It was actually fun to be with the kids for three days. I enjoyed the one-on-one with them. They are all very cute and fun to be with. Such witty and fun personalities, just like their parents. I'm so glad Oliver is progressing rapidly. It is amazing to me how resiliant and tough little children are. I will always remember playing in the hallway with the little silver car and Oliver with his oxygen tube and hospital jammies on. He was so cute! Those are things you remember forever.
I am so happy that you're home! I feel bad that I didn't do more. Oliver is such a sweetheart - I'm glad he's back to normal - that's a relief. That picture of him on Paul's blog is the saddest - it seriously makes me cry.
Man - it did seem fast - no wonder you're not quite ready to deal with full energy yet. Dad is right - it was a great weekend with the kids-they really are clever and funny. Such cuties! Dad is right, seeing Oliver go from crying in pain and laying there to chasing his little car was the best!
I can't believe the pain medicine doesn't knock him out. He is probably so ready to run and play after being in bed for 3 days.
We had fun with your kids over. They are great kids. It was cute how worried Maddie was about you - so SWEET!
I will always remember playing in the hallway too. That was very sweet. I love how he was following grandpa everywhere calling him "dah". So cute.
Post a Comment