So recently the horrible memory of my stint as a Hardee's birthday hostess has come up. Does this picture ring any bells? Mr. Rap-o Clap-o likes the rainbow suspender look.....and he's cool, right? I blame my parents for instilling a sense of duty in me that caused me to suffer through that job for 3 months even though the first day I desperately wanted to quit. Now I teach my kids - ALWAYS QUIT and also - NEVER TRY. Something I should have been told back then.
1.31.2007
RAP-O CLAP-O!
So recently the horrible memory of my stint as a Hardee's birthday hostess has come up. Does this picture ring any bells? Mr. Rap-o Clap-o likes the rainbow suspender look.....and he's cool, right? I blame my parents for instilling a sense of duty in me that caused me to suffer through that job for 3 months even though the first day I desperately wanted to quit. Now I teach my kids - ALWAYS QUIT and also - NEVER TRY. Something I should have been told back then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That is excellent advice, Mandi!
I still can't believe you did that clown job. Even the Rap-o Clap-o doesn't do that Hardees outfit justice. Yes, you were a VERY responsible teenager and you always made me look like such a slacker (I had nothing to do with it). I so wish you had a picture of it!
Ah. Sorry for being an accomplice in bringing up those painful memories. That was sadness.
What a bunch of WHINERS!! Some things in life are hard - that is how you learn. Are you sure it was three months? I was shocked that you quit so soon - it seemed like about three shifts that you worked at Hardees.
I do remember that summer before Jaime went to Logan - she conveniently couldn't find a job until about 3 weeks before she went up there. Then the dry cleaners was super mad she was quitting and didn't want to pay her. Lame dry cleaners! We called her (Jaime) the grasshopper that played all day and didn't prepare for the winter.
Mandi, I think those were actually my suspenders that I bought to go with a pair of ski pants. Now that is seriously lame.
I will overlook your philosophical lameness because I know you're being funny. I hope the kids don't read these blogs.
Jaime was quite the frustrating little chick during that time period. Oh well, reality sunk in after she got to Utah State and had to work at Taco Bell. Those types of jobs are what make you never want to do them for a living. It is what got me through college. I worked as a window washer, plumbers helper, furniture mover, hamburger slinger, pizza delivery boy, dish washer, janitor, silver finisher, gas station attendant, truck driver, etc. It builds character. Plus you know you never want to do it for a real job.
Does Mom know the whole story about the dry cleaners Jaime? I remember you not showing up and then quitting without telling them. Night and day from the Jaime we all know and love now.
And hearing Mandi's Hardees stories...oh my gosh, she has TONS of room to whine. Seriously.
My Shoney's outfit was bad news, but I got paid $8 and hour and I only worked on Saturdays and no one I knew ever came in - it was actually a great job.
Post a Comment