6.05.2006

STOP LYING




The other day we went to DI to drop some stuff off, but it was closed. The parking lot entrance was chained off with a stop sign. Underneath the STOP, someone had written LYING in magic marker. I have no idea why this is funny, but it made Paul and me laugh. (I love that story.)






On our way back from DI we passed University Mall. They have those big rotating advertisements and one of them was a big LIKEN sign - for the Liken the Scriptures company. I started singing, "I liken like that...I liken like that!" You know that song, "I like it like that"? That's the only part of the song I know, but it's so catchy it stays in your head FOREVER in one continuous loop. So now you can thank me the next time you see that ad and can't get that song out of your head for the rest of the day. You're welcome.



The stop lying thing reminded me of something else. Did you ever see Paul's company billboard on I-15? It was supposed to say, "Your Logo Stinks," but some hilarious person took the time and effort to paint the last O white - so it would say this:


Why would someone do that? I don't know, but I'd like to thank them, because it still cracks me up.

7 comments:

Zak said...

hahahaha that is hilarity at its finest. The part that is especially funny is the old mans face- it is perfect for a stinky log! How long did it say Log?

heidi said...

That is funny. I think I know the song you're talking about (it was on a Target commercial once, wasn't it? It's by Digable Planets), but I can only think of the song by Fatboy Slim when Christopher Walken dances in the video.

heidi said...

NO no. The Digable Planets says it's cool like that. What song are you talking about???

Pam and Rand said...

Is the song - come on, let me show you where it's at - The name of the place is I like it like that? or liken like that.

The stinky log billboard would rule - did logo works think it was funny?

mandi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mandi said...

Logoworks thought it was really funny. They're the ones that took this picture of it.

Wow - that song was really hard to find. I guess it was on a Burger King commercial (that's why my kids know it.) It's a Latin song from 1997 by the Blackout Allstars featuring Tito Nieve. (??) I found it on this page:
smashhitsusa.com/index.cfm?Page=Audio&
SubPage=AlbumDetails&AlbumID=502

I don't know if that will work, but whatever. It's the one called "I like it."

Jaime said...

Heidi - how do you know all that? wow.

Your log stinks is way funny - did Paul design that billboard? Tell him good job if he did - it's very catchy.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com