Isabel is a funny girl. She always has little projects she's working on, and I can see the budding perfectionist in her, because she likes to have things just so. She's very silly, and likes to make up crazy dances and do things to make me laugh. If she sees a camera or a videocamera, she RACES to get in the picture. And boy can she talk. I can remember two times when I've had to go alone with her to the doctor and then to the pharmacy, and my ears needed a serious nap by the time we got home. She never stops! We're constantly telling her to give her mouth a rest. Just some fun facts about Isabel.
Anyway, a couple days ago she was all excited for me to come downstairs and see the obstacle course she had made. I went down and saw all the things she had set up - my step, some piles of pillows, a chair - so I was expecting a real interesting display of activities. I prepared myself for excitement. "Ready, Set, Go!" and she's off! The first thing she did was pick up a pencil and a paper airplane off the floor. "First I draw a picture on this." Then she took about FIVE MINUTES drawing a very detailed picture on the airplane. I waited.....and waited. She wasn't showing it to me or anything, she was just concentrating on getting that picture finished - it was part of the obstacle course after all! She got done with that finally, threw it down on the floor and raced to the ironing board, where I could see she had neatly set up a comb and spray bottle. "Now I have to do my hair." She sprayed and combed her hair for awhile, until that task was sufficiently completed in her mind. I was trying so hard not to laugh. Suddenly the course picked up major steam as she ran to my step, did some jumping jacks, hopped on the chair for a second, ran up the pillows and flopped back on the lovesac. WHEW! That was exhausting.
I wish I'd taken a picture of it, but here are some of my other Isabel favorites.




7 comments:
Isabel is hilarious! Remember at her birthday party - her carefully placed stickers on her perfectly aligned little easter basket. That cracked me up - I didn't realize she's got some perfectionist in her until I saw that. And look at those perfectly aligned stickers up her arm. My kids would have them all skiwampus all over there body.
I love the obstacle course for one. That is so cute.
I love it!! I need to get to know Isabel better- she's right up my alley! That is way funny how she made that obstical course- it reminds me of my childhood with Tyler Carter... we would have a lot of random fun. I don't know why but it seems like I don't really know Alex and Isabel very well... what is wrong with me??? Am I a bad uncle?
Look inside yourself, and you will fiiind......A love that reaches out, to all mankiiiind......
Just a little song for you Zak. Yeah - it does seem like you don't know them very well. I don't know why. But the first step is knowing you have a problem. (haha)
The obstacle course thing is the funniest! And the "putting underwear on". I'll have to talk to her more too--I didn't know she talked that much.
You're not a bad uncle Zak, I was just joking. Always about a half a day after my "funny" comment, I don't think it's funny anymore. So.....just clarifying.
What's up with adn?
Oh my darling Isabel! I loved her from the moment I knew she was sprawled out all cushy on top of poor curled up Alex. I loved how she was so mad when she was first born and then turned into the happiest most pleasant little person. She and Tey are so blissfully happy together and are never too bothered by anyone else. I love her burst of creativity. What a doll!
Post a Comment