2.23.2010

mano-a-mano

A couple weeks ago, Isabel told me that she always does good in her class spelling bees. I was quite excited about this fact, as I am a lover of spelling words correctly. Paul and I are hardcore "spellists." So last week she brought home a big list of spelling bee words to study for the REAL class spelling bee. Alex has a different teacher, and he hadn't really mentioned anything about the spelling bees until we were studying, when he confessed, "I'm pretty good." He was good. It makes me happy.

So last Friday they had their real class spelling bees, and they both won! Now the winners from each class will compete in the School Spelling Bee on Thursday. Brother and sister.....spelling words......head to head. So proud. Who to root for?

15 comments:

tiffany said...

oh thats a hard thing to choose who do you root for

if i ever have kids i hope they dont take after me in spelling

Pat and Brent said...

That is a sweet dilemna. Good luck to both kids. Wish they could both be winners. Is that possible?

Michelle said...

Ha!! That is SO awesome! Way-ta-go to both of them.

heidi said...

They're competing for your love (that's what Gary said) I went to the school spelling bee. I thought I was awesome, but my second word was pattern and he pronounced it pa-TURN. Emphasizing the TURN. paTURN. I had no idea what he was talking about. I'd never heard of such a word. I'm still mad about it.

Are you going to watch? I love watching the National Spelling Bees. Good luck to the two smartypantses.

susan said...

Very nice!

Linz said...

Wow! Way to go twins! That will be a fun one! Good luck to both of them!

mandi said...

ha! Heidi, you were robbed! Yes, Paul and I are going to go watch them. Hopefully we don't make them more nervous.

Pam and Rand said...

That is awesome - I keep going back and forth on why one should win and the other should win. It would be really hard to settle on one. They are both so smart. I can't wait to hear what happens!

Angie said...

Maybe they'll tie. ;) Good luck to them both!

sugarbritches said...

Well, as you recall in an important episode of The Brady Bunch when Greg and Marcia compete for class president. When rude behavior prevails as each candidate rehearses his or her speech, Mike steps in and lectures the family about unity. It's a talk Greg takes seriously when his campaign manager Rusty suggests turning things up another level: by starting a rumor about Marcia. Greg not only refuses but fires Rusty; unknown to anyone, Marcia overhears the whole thing and realizes that Greg has integrity and an ample sense of fair play. She ultimately decides to concede the race to her brother. The moral of this episode tells us that competing siblings, ultimately realize, family is more important than winning. What a couple of putzs.

sugarbritches said...

I think I was drunk when I wrote that.

mandi said...

ha! I'm glad you were, because I enjoyed that summary a great deal. The Brady Bunch is kind of like another set of scriptures that guides us through life. If only Mike were around today to dispense some of his gay fatherly wisdom.

Cheeseboy said...

Found your blog through Writ by Lindsey. Funny stuff! As an Elementary School teacher, I'd love to see siblings battle it out in a spelling bee.

lindsey v said...

Hehe. Um. Yeah. That'd be me. I found you through Rachel W a while back and I think you guys are so hilarious. It all started with seeing one of your (you and your husband's) photo remakes and I was hooked. Very entertaining!

mandi said...

Thank you! That is super flattering. You're funny, too, and your little girl is SO CUTE.

We're really backed up on recreations. We should get on those. Flute man is our latest consideration.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com