Before we go to restaurants, I like to look at the online menu, so I won't panic-order and regret my choice. In my search for Asuka's menu, I saw some very hateful comments about how the restaurant's quality has declined recently. When we got there, there was not one other person in the restaurant. We haven't been there for awhile, but it's never been that dead. It was a little eerie. The Hibachi chef was very low-key, and several of the expected parts of his act were missing - like the shrimp toss in the mouth at the end (Paul's favorite part) and the egg catch in his hat. He wasn't even wearing a hat. They only gave us 2 sauces instead of four, and yet they had raised their prices from overpriced to WTH?! The food was still pretty good, though. While we were eating we noticed an older guy that looked like the owner, sitting in the empty room of tables across from us, sometimes pacing, but mostly sitting all alone, hanging his head in his hands and looking suicidal.
When the check came, we were ready to escape the depression. I took one last swig of my water, and felt something on my tongue. I pulled it out - a short, thick, black hair that curled around the tip of my finger. I almost lost my whole dinner. The whole way home I could not get the feeling of that on my tongue and the image of it on my finger, out of my head. I wanted to go home and Lysol my entire mouth.
A couple hours later, I was on the computer, entering a contest on Denny's website, and you'll never believe what my word verification was:

Indeed it was.

10 comments:
LMAO...so funny! We went there once a long time ago, but I didn't like it nearly as much as Tepanyaki. Go there next time. Good luck with the lysol.
Perhaps Depressed Man was wondering what happened to the cup he left his urine sample in.
I have extra Clorox and Lysol.
Super excited to bring your gift over tomorrow!
Wow. I have a similar experience. I have waited for the right time to share it. Ladies and gentlemen, it is time.
Here was one of my word verifications. This really happened and frankly was disturbing.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/605527/Family/Picture%201.png
Take it for what you will. Not sure what it means, but its disturbing nonetheless.
no!!!! that is terrible, mandi.
Happy Pube Day, everyone. May the blessings of the season extend throughout the year.
Awwww... that would have made me toss the lunch monkey. Gross.
Ryan - can't. stop. laughing. I think the real kismet is that you finally found a forum to share that. That is awesome.
Eww - now I'm kind of feeling something on my touge. A sympathy pube day. The word verification should also be a strong warning against Denny's, don't you think?
I, like Paul, want to wish you a happy pube day. Just another day in the life of Mandi, and one more classic blog. That was so funny. Thanks for sharing your moment of depression and revulsion with us-- Dad.
GROSS. I get disgusted when I find pubes on the toliet seats in PUBlic bathrooms.
I would of vomited right there. You would of gotten a free dinner. You could of given your hubby a "PRICELESS" dinner. Then again maybe you would of been charged with homicide when the old man offed himself off, one last straw!
Thanks for the laugh!
Luvs
Suz
Post a Comment