1.15.2010

we don't wanna punch good guys, we just wanna hug 'em

Yeah, I haven't written my "much better than Paul's" post about Oliver yet. Well who asked ya? I'm breaking it up into smaller stories interspersed with other posts about other things. It's too much to read and too much to write. I guess that means Paul won. And probably some terrorists did, too. Poo.

Anyway, Oliver. He is the light and joy of my life, and the funniest boy I know. He makes me laugh so much. He can also break me with his constant, and I mean CONSTANT chatter. One particularly bad day I collapsed in tears and begged Paul to take him away somewhere, ANYWHERE, so that my mind and ears could rest. Most of the time, though, he is a delight.

Fairly recently he told me that he thinks about killing bad guys a lot. That's probably not great. I should probably decrease his video game watching. He begs Alex to play the games so he can watch them. He's very into it, but gets frustrated when he tries to play himself. He's a bit of a perfectionist. He also mentions lava a lot. I don't know where that comes from, but he makes sure to tell me on many occasions that he will NOT throw me into lava. Phew. I was worried. Here's a video of him telling me things that he does NOT want to happen to me:



Speaking of his love for hot dogs, he is convinced that they have healing powers. I took him into the doctor for a checkup and the nurse asked him how he was doing. He told her, "Well, last night my leg hurt, but then my mom gave me a hot dog, and it felt much better." The nurse agreed. "Those hot dogs are cure-alls!" Yes they are.

See? That was fairly painless.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

That has got to be one of the cutest videos I have seen EVER! Oliver is so full of genuine-ness, and I just about melted when he said that you could just NOT beat the bad guys due to your niceness. Awwwwwwww. I need lessons. I'm sure all of my kiddos have complete confidence in my bad-guy booting abilities ... due to personal experiences. :)

Oliver. is. CUTE!!

Montgomery Q said...

That makes me laugh and also it makes me not want to come home because he will talk about Lego Star Wars until I will want to open a vein.

tiffany said...

he is so cute

Prilla said...

SO cute! So why isn't Alex part of the ones to help protect you from the bad guys? Doesn't he know how to punch people real hard too?

Jaime said...

I love his lisp! I miss that with Kobe - darn speech classes!!

Angie said...

"You're a nice mommy." That's so precious.

Boy Mom said...

"And that's all, OK" I love how they can be done talking to the camera but off camera can never, never shut-up. Adam and Isaac yak at me constantly.

Wait, Paul told me you can punch really hard! Are you two hiding Mandi's wicked punching skills from the kids? Good for you, it's a mom skill that comes in handy with teenage boys, especially when it's a surprise attack.

heidi said...

Oh my gosh, I am dying of laughter. He is SOOOOOOOOO cute and precious. I love how earnest he is and how he'll say something then open his eyes wide like he's soooooo serious.

He is cute.

Pam and Rand said...

That kind of love and loyalty is priceless! I'm glad you are enjoying it fully. He is a doll!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com