11.21.2009

back in my day.....

I'm in the Young Women now. I always thought that would be a terrifying calling, but it's actually pretty fun. Sometimes it really puts you in your place, though. I was driving a bunch of girls back from our activity, and we passed by the Robert's Craft. "Ohmygoshyouguys, there is the CUTEST guy that works there now," one of the girls said. I had bought something there the night before, and had actually noticed him, since a) he was gothish-looking, with black hair and a lip piercing, and b) I've never seen another male working there before. So I said, "Oh yeah, I saw him last night! He checked me out!" There was an uncomfortable silence and disturbed looks, and I realized what they thought I had meant. "No....I mean....he rang me up?" Silence. "Like, I gave him money in exchange for services?" Silence. "You know, like, he was my cashier?"

I've never felt so old.

9 comments:

Tiffany&Co. said...

Ok, first of all, it took me like 5 minutes to stop laughing before I could post my response.

So he checked you out, rung you up, then you paid him for services? It seems to me that paying him was pretty much moot after the checking and ringing up you two did.

Old? As my husband says, "the older the berry the sweeter the juice." Apparently "Goth Guy" thinks so too.

tiffany said...

you should have kept it going & told the girls you checked him out to

Michelle said...

HA! That is awesome! So funny.

Boy Mom said...

OMG I can't stop LMAO. I'm going to Roberts Craft to exchange some money for services. Goth guys are soooo CUTE!

I wonder if it has occurred to them that a cute guy working at Roberts is like, totally gay?

Linz said...

HAHAHA! THat is tooooo funny!

Pam and Rand said...

Another one for your book. Very funny, OMH, LMBO. Wait until you're close to 60. You become invisible to youth and young adults. At least they recognize your existence. Maybe I ought to go for some black hair dye and a body piercing.

adam said...

I am in young womens too. One of my lessons was on cleanliness and I said Adam had had to wear thongs in the shower on his mission because the tub was so dirty. Yea, I guess they are only called flip flops now. They all laughed and then I couldn't finish my lesson because I kept picturing him in a thong and laughing. Nice.

Lindsey

Montgomery Q said...

Thongs weren't allowed in our mission. But we could wear long johns in the winter.

sugarbritches said...

I ditto everyone else i can't stop laughing. I was laughing my head off and Tom wanted to know what I was laughing at so I read him your post. He was silent and then said, "oh". Didn't get it at all.

I'm in young women's as well. It's fun but I think the girls just humor me most of the time, like the way we might have humored any old lady at their age. You know, cause I'm like, so old!

But I'll get them back when it's my turn to teach the chastity lesson! Yeah! Time for some REAL embarrassment!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com