6.01.2009

Legal?

Last Saturday Paul spotted this sign at a yard sale down the street. I'm not really in the know about gun laws, but this strikes me as somewhat problematic. Can you really sell guns at a yard sale?? I know Orem is no Compton, but there are still bad guys! Am I wrong about this? Can I get an amen?


16 comments:

Montgomery Q said...

The Glock is already sold, so don't even ask.

tiffany said...

that is funny i want a gun im going to have to look at yard sales for guns now

Michelle said...

You have GOT to be kidding me!?! Seriously ... I am in shock.

Katy said...

Holy Cow!! That is SCARY! Can you really do that? I would hope not!

heidi said...

OH MY FREAKIN HECK. That is so wrong.

Pam and Rand said...

Wow - that IS disturbing. Aren't there any Orem police patrolling the streets? Crazy!

Tracy said...

Come on, you guys. It's perfectly legal. There's nothing criminal about selling or purchasing a gun. Only gun dealers in Utah are required to do a background check. But if you sell a gun that is later used to commit a felony and you didn't do a background check, say hello to the DA.

Kent and Leisy said...

From the handwriting it looks like a nasty divorce to me. "..AND I'M SELLING YOUR GUNS TOO!!! JERK!"
- Kent

Jaime said...

I bet you are right, Kent! Jody brought us all of his guns when him and Jan were getting divorced. Good times.

That is a whole load of guns they have. Kinda weird. Maybe you should keep your kids away from that neighbor...

Sherri said...

Yes, totally legal. We have done this before, but not of this magnitude!

Lynnette Labelle said...

Wow! Hard to believe.

I noticed your twins just turned 9. Mine just turned 4. When exactly does it get easier?

Lynnette Labelle

http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

Larry and Cindy said...

WOW that sounds way out there to me!! I will ask Lenny what he thinks! Pretty scary sounding to me. You know we must all arm ourselves because you know the bad guys have all the guns and we may need to protect ourselves someday!!! Does it sound like I live in Vegas? Love Ya, Cindy

Larry and Cindy said...

WOW that sounds way out there to me!! I will ask Lenny what he thinks! Pretty scary sounding to me. You know we must all arm ourselves because you know the bad guys have all the guns and we may need to protect ourselves someday!!! Does it sound like I live in Vegas? Love Ya, Cindy

Boy Mom said...

Of course legal1 And, if you buy the Bushmaster AR15 they'll throw in the slightly used britta water pitcher to complete your 72 hour kit.

Me said...

tracy, you're incorrect. as long as you don't KNOWINGLY sell a firearm to someone ineligible to possess it, you're free and clear (no matter how that person ends up using the firearm).

i would have added at least 4 of those firearms to my collection if i had the chance.

Sara said...

Next time they are on sale, can we get a heads-up before hand?? I'd buy one :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com