Ok, so more than 50% of you that read this blog have tattoos. Hmmm....I'm wondering how I can offend even more people with this post. Um.......the NRA is full of retards? Dogs are gross, but cats are even worse? Backstreet Boys were better than N'sync? Oh no I di'int!
There is something I have to admit: I actually don't feel that strongly about tattoos. Yes, many are dumb, but some I actually even like. I daresay I would even call some.....h-hhot? But whether you have one or not doesn't really matter to me. So go, go and ink yourself up with my blessing. (Rachel, I'm not done with you, since I completely forgot you had one and I cannot imagine it.) Anyway, you can all breathe a sigh of relief with my stamp of approval on your precious tattoos.
Here's my excuse and the real problem: Sometimes I have trouble sleeping and take sleeping medication. In waiting around for the medication to take effect, once in awhile I get on the computer and write something. So instead of "drunk-dialing," I'm "sleep-writing." Sometimes I'll wake up in the morning and say, hmm...I wonder what I wrote last night. Hope it was good. It's like a little gift to myself. Most of that post I remembered, but it was a lot more opinionated than I actually am. You know how the Beatles wrote some crazy good songs on drugs? Who knows what genius lurks inside my sleeping mind?? Next sleeping-post topic: Why all of you are gay.
I'm joking kids. Drugs are bad. Anyway, there's another type of writing I do that does not involve medication. Sometimes I write insane letters to people. It's a problem. More on that another time.
1.25.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
I want an insane letter from you!
Have you written any lately? Your stories keep me sane. Tell me everything.
Man, 3 posts in little time. Lucky me.
Mandi - you are seriously hilarious. I love EVERY second of your posts.
I really don't think you need to worry about offending, anyone that has a tatoo knew they were dumb when they got it!
That's the wonderful thing about blogs! You can say what is on your mind and nobody should be offended! Don't change a thing! Keep your same blogging style, drugged or not. You're the best! And I doubt anyone was really offended by that post!
On second thought, maybe I don't want an insane letter. Just anything from you is a day maker.
I'm offended that you backed down. - Kent
im not offended i still would have gotten my tattoo no matter what you think or any one else for that matter
Oh cry cry, people need to get out more.
I'm with Tiff, I wasn't offended. I just like to harass.
Long live the sleep-writing!
Mandi- you've never been so controversial! I'm impressed. You've come a long way since we used to plot what we would say to a certain unnamed roommate...if we only had the guts. Congrats.
It does occur to me that calling out people with tattoos or members of the NRA is a little risky, picking on gays and pacifists is fine though.
Yeah I have a "tramp stamp" that says "CTR" My primary kids love it. Problem is my crack deep enough to fit a small man it's hard to see it very well. With each pound I add to my bum it gets bigger and bigger. JK. no tat.
I once offered a free book to anyone with an Angel Moroni tat. I wound up giving it to a girl with a CTR on her shoulder.
I love that story.
K, Lisa, you win for best comment. As usual.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Who knew you were married to a tender-wad?
and for the record, tattoos are lame (sorry to my brothers, who are filling their arms with dragons and unicorns).
Mandi, I can't get to the Paul blog. When I click on it it says "page not found". What's up with that?
I took it down. I'll email it to you.
Hey, I'm reading your old posts so I can get my Mandi fix. You're either going to have to post or I'll show up at your house around 1:30 AM with sleeping pills. We neeeed your mad literary skills.
Hey Mandi, Aunt Cindy here just to let you know that while I was working at the North Las Vegas Detention Center for 7 long weeks of harshness. I grew to hate tattoo's more and more. The reason being, when an arrested person came to jail we had to list their name, address, AKA's, Next of kin and their address and phone number etc. then we had to list all and I mean all of their tattoos and sometime the list was so long it was pathetic and so when a person had their whole are tattooed I would just write "Full Sleeve" rather than the 100 thousand different sayings and creatures that was on one arm. There was even a place in the computer to list if they had a tattoo on their penis (sorry about that)... Hope that doesn't ruin your sleep. I take 3 different drugs to sleep because I thought I had restless leg syndrome but it turned out to be THRASHING BODY!!! I would lift my leg in the air while I was asleep and slam it down on Larry he would wake me up and ask me to please hold still. I would get all huffy and say "I thought I was" After my sleep study the Dr. gave me some RX that is also used for seizures and sleep problems too. I am a real certified mess!!! I Love Ya though!!!
SO SORRY i WRITE JUST LIKE I TALK AND I CAN'T SHUT UP!!! SORRY FOR THE NOVEL...I CAN'T HELP MYSELF
Aunt Cindy - you are the funniest!! I love your novels.
Post a Comment