7.17.2008

fyi

You know when 4:00 in the afternoon rolls around, and you get all hungry and tired and defeated by life, and all you want to do is either punch someone in the face or eat an entire bag of Cheetos? Well I think I've found the perfect 4pm snack for when I remember that I'm on a diet. Fiber-filled granola bar + Diet (caffeine-infused) soda = no punchings/less Cheetos! It's nice because it's easy, fills you up, peps you up, isn't super caloric, and it's quite delish. I rarely drink pop because I just don't care for it, but come to find out, it is an excellent caffeine delivery system. I was so excited when those Fiber One bars came out, because they have 9 grams of fiber, which is much healthier than just eating a sugary granola bar.

ANYWAY, imagine my excitement when the All-Bran Fiber Bars came out. They have ten, that's right, TEN grams of fiber. Sweeeet. So I bought them awhile ago on a trip to Albertsons. As we walked out, I was inspecting the receipt and found something curious. "Uh.....Paul? Did you buy laxatives?" He had not. I had not. I was so confused until I realized that the "laxative" was the same price as my All-Bran bars.



All-Bran Bars/Kellogg's Laxative:
A real colon-blow of a granola bar! Try one today!

8 comments:

Zak said...

MMMMMMMMM.. Laxative snacks. Those are my favorite. Seriously though. Does every Rasmussen sibling have intestinal issues? I think we have inherited some pretty crappy genes. Or, not crappy genes. Either works.

Montgomery Q said...

We now have a solution to that mystery. I hate being accused of being a laxative-purchaser.

tiffany said...

i hope they are worth every penny

rachel said...

Make sure and let me know if these help Paul... if so I'll have Jason try them (since they are both old and have 'problems' now!).

Pam and Rand said...

I hope this info hold true in the office when you are defeated by work. Course I've know the wonderful effects of caffienated diet soda since I was your age - you MUST add a lemon and lime slice to make it all the more delectable. Thanks for the info - I'm off to get the KLG C.B. - sounds perfect for me.

Anonymous said...

What the?

I prefer punching people in the face. Except it's kind of scary when Mia and Luke are the only ones around.

So are they a good laxative?

I love the All Bran cereal. Do they taste the same?

Linz said...

HAHAHA!! That's too funny!

Michelle said...

There is NO WAY that those can be better than cheetos ... fiber or not. :)

DC always seems to hit the spot, though.

Good job on finding a healthy alternative that you like. Keep the suggestions coming.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com