6.09.2008

School's out! I can't believe it. That year went really fast. The last week of school is always jam-packed with stuff, and this year was no exception. The last day I had to go to the kids' 3 hour dance festival, and then to Maddie's hour long 6th-grade graduation.
Hooray for Maddie!

It would have been fine, but I had to bring Oliver and his newfound 3-year-old attitude. He complained and whined and made trouble the entire time.complaining face

I emailed Paul afterward and called him a horrible child. But dangit I still continue to like him. It's hard to be annoyed with him for long. Especially when he does things like sing the theme to Reading Rainbow. Here's the ending:



His favorite thing to do is play "baseball player." He is obsessed with baseball. If he can't find his bat and ball, he will use a ruler and a rubber duckie - whatever he can find that is remotely ball and bat shaped. I have to pitch to him, and he wants to play for hours. If he misses, he gets mad at me, and if he hits it, he gives me a thumbs up. No one else is allowed to give the thumbs up - this will also incite his wrath. I think we're creating a monster, but it's hard not to indulge him.



I'm not sure what the point of this post was, but all roads eventually lead to Oliver.



9 comments:

Montgomery Q said...

My heart hurts from the cuteness. It took me a while to figure out why he was getting all mad at me after he hit it. Then I realized it was because I was giving him a thumbs up. What a crap daddy I am.

Pam and Rand said...

Oh the baby of the family - total cuteness. Now you know why Zak is the golden child. Oliver's cuteness resembles Zak's. I have to say Maddie is sooo pretty. I can't believe she's moving on to Middle School. Alex & Isabel were so fun on the 4 wheel outing. Dad & I still crack-up over Alex and his description of his skills. So funny! They are all so precious. I love them so much!

Prilla said...

So it's hard to picture cute little Oliver throwing a fit. I just don't believe it. Maybe that's the next video you need to post, so we can all witness it to believe it.
I can't believe Maddie is graduating from Elementary School. It seems weird to me. I still picture her as a little 2 or 3 year old in nursery. Boy how the time flies.

tiffanie said...

I love the thumbs up, so cute.

heidi said...

Man, he is serious cuteness. The exaggerated thumbs up is the best. I love the Reading Rainbow song too. It's sad when the cuteness fades and the annoyingness takes center stage. Hopefully his cuteness will always prevail.

tiffany said...

o he is a doll i bet you have a hard rime punishing him becuse of all that cuteness.

Larry and Cindy said...

Love your post, Mandi, you are a cute fun MOM. Of course you have to spoil your baby, he is so cute! I Can't believe your first born is on to middle school, wow time flies, she is also adorable, as are all you children!!!Maybe you should have more and give them to people who can't have kids...just kidding!!! Love ya Always & Forever, Aunt Cindy

Jaime said...

I have to agree with Heidi - it is so sad when the cuteness is gone and they are still trying to be cute, but it ISN'T anymore. sad. Oliver is so fun to watch - he is always cracking me up.

Michelle said...

Oh - Oliver posts always seem to brighten a dreary day. Thanks for that.

He is just soooooo cute. How in the WORLD can you resist giving him a thumbs up after his? That was hilarious.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com