5.14.2008

Lotsa Stuff

This past month has been a butt kicker. There was so much going on. Many of these things have inspired future posts in my head, but here's the list for now.....
  • We bought a new car, which is rare for us, and therefore, very exciting. We had to take about five trips to Bountiful to complete the transaction - each time during rush hour traffic, in a van that could explode at any moment. That was not so fun. But it is fun now to have a nice car - the first one in our 13 years of marriage that I actually look forward to driving. Hooray! (Future car post.)
  • Alex and Isabel turned 8! We had their party at Classic Skating and it was a good time.

I like this pic the party hostess took.....

"Everyone make a face!"

....because out of all the many faces in Paul's repertoire, he chose to make this one. Completely serious. I guess that is a "face" for Paul. My "face" is open-eyed and smiling, which is unusual for me. I wanted to post some baby pictures of the twins, because they were so cute, and I can't believe they're so old now, but I can't find my faves, and our scanner isn't working. (Future twin babies post.)

  • Alex and Isabel got baptized.

They sang "I am a Child of God" and my dad gave a very nice talk on the Holy Ghost. It was really sweet. It was just the preparation for everything that near killed me. There were about 5 days of nonstop cleaning, gardening, painting, clothes-shopping, cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning. But it was good to get it done and I'm trying my very hardest to stay on top of it now. And it was fun to have both families over for our little bbq shindig afterwards.



  • Alex and Isabel sang at their school's choir concert, which Paul played drums for. I can't find the video of that (future Paul drumming post), so the pic of this guy will have to suffice:
He decided to head on over to his kid's concert wearing bike shorts and a heart rate monitor. And that chin beard. Good call. (Future recreation.)

  • Oliver turned 3! My little baby is getting too growed up. I wish he would stop it. We had a pizza party with the Brownings:
Oliver got pretty psyched for it:



I made a sweet-A train cake:


We bought an enormous Thomas the Tank Engine train set from Sugarbritches (thanks Lisa!) and Oliver LOVED it:


Then a couple days later we had another party for him at my parent's house. Since no one had eaten the main train engine, I recreated the little cars with even better candy:


He got an awesome Spiderman scooter that he also LOVES.


  • Mother's Day was nice. The twins were coughing up a storm, which gave me a decent excuse to stay home from church. The kids gave me sweet notes and Paul gave me some pretty flowers and a book about mothers. I told him I'd pass on the book and suggested he give it to his mom instead. Then I made him give me all his Target gift cards that he earned at work. Thanks Paul.
So there you have it. A very busy month. Future posts ahead.

7 comments:

Montgomery Q said...

What a rich and entertaining life we lead. Even I envy us.

Zak said...

I think I am most excited for the recreation post. Please to be soon.

Pam and Rand said...

I enjoyed the recollection of the past few weeks. Many fun and exciting things going on your lives. You have such a cute, fun, family. Way to bargain on the Mother's Day gift. I hope Pam doesn't get any ideas from that for future Mother's Days.

tiffany said...

congrats on having 8 year olds and a 3 year old? i thought paul was older then 3 o wait you were talking about oliver i love the train cake that is awsome and congrats on the new car

Linz said...

Happy birthday and baptism to the twins!! Happy birthday to Oliver!! Sweet train cake!!! Can't wait to see the future posts!

PS - I have never seen Paul with a serious face. It made me nervous!

heidi said...

A new post? YES. Never ever stop.

That train cake is the coolest. Lucky little man.

I can't believe Alex and Isabel are EIGHT!

Michelle said...

Wow. Kids growing up happens TOO DANG FAST!!! Where is the pause button?!?

Alex and Isabel are so cute. What a fun and special birthday.

I LOVE the video of Oliver. Hahahahaha. Sweet thing.

Awesome train cake.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com