3.20.2008

Part 3

Finally, the conclusion. The next day was beautiful and sunny, and we laid out on the balcony overlooking the ocean. Here's some Kelly feet:


We read trashy magazines (my favorite) and slept in the sun and got pink and ate hamburgers. It was fantastic. I had been looking forward to this the whole time. No kids were mom mom mom-ing me. I didn't have to get food for anyone but myself or change any diapers. Aaaaahhhh. I could have done without the blaring reggae band on the deck below, but......no complaints. It was really nice.

We did many things that day, but what was mostly on our minds was the fact that JULIO was going to be dancing in the farewell show that night. I think Kelly and I were the most excited about this. We had all taken to saying Julio's name with some type of jazz hand sweeping across our face. It seemed appropriate.

I can't remember the timing of these events, but here's some of the things we did:

Paul and I had a quiet game of scrabble in the library. Every word had to be used in a sentence about Johnny O, who was giving a concert with his magic flute not very far away. I'm pretty sure I won.

That shirt + unbuttoning top button definitively answers the query:
¿Quién es más macho?


We played Things in a Box with Kelly and Nate in the piano bar. It was very funny. We also sat next to the guitar player who serenaded us with "Yesterday" as we sang along.

We played some more scrabble with Kelly and Nate while eating delicious sushi:


We played some ping-pong. Nate beat me soundly. He blamed his bad playing on the crappy paddle. I blamed my bad playing on my crappy ping-pong skills.

Nate's eyes glowed with ping-pong intensity.


We played some Horse. I don't recall who won. I'm pretty sure no one made a basket the entire time. YOU try making baskets on a swaying boat, if you think you're so cool.



It was the last night with our dinner waiter Erwin. We withheld his tip until he gave us the double-finger-point like Isaac from the Love Boat. He complied.




Then the moment we had all waited for.......JULIO (jazz hand now).

He did not disappoint.


This is my favorite Julio video of all time. Whenever Paul gets excited about something, he yells "MAAANDI!" Just enjoy the magic that is Julio.

12 comments:

Montgomery Q said...

No touchie!

I think the reason why I love Julio so much is that he dances exactly like me.

Sherri said...

Julio was worth the wait.

nan said...

Too bad Julio didn't do this dance whilst giving life saving instructions. Now that I would go on a cruise for. and Yes Paul, your dance skills are right up there with Julio. Maybe it is the award winning legs.

CARRIE "THE FABULOUS" said...

Julio....julio.....JUlio!! now Paul do u already have those pants cuz if so u r set!!

tiffany said...

im now in love with julio the life saving dancer he is so dreamy i heart julio.

Montgomery Q said...

That was weird how at the piano bar, the Sven guy sat at the piano and played the guitar. Crazy nuts. How would he like it if we went to his house and sat at his computer and read a book? Thats about how weird it was.

Linz said...

I HEART JULIO too!!!! Awesome! I think listening to Paul was pretty fun too, though!

Paul - I want proof that you can move like Julio. I just don't believe it...=D

Michelle said...

I have sure enjoyed reading these posts! What a fun cruise!

Jaime said...

Julio reminds me a little of the cute clapper boy at Chucky Cheese. You need to do a side by side photo of the two. Both sweeties.

The cruise looks VERY fun.

heidi said...

Wow. I'm glad you got some good footage of the life-saving Julio doing what he does best.

P.S. Mia asked if that was you singing in the dress. Very sexy black Mandi.

Joel said...

MAAANDI! GHB

Montgomery Q said...

Julio left me dizzy.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com