The next morning Paul and I had a discussion. He promised to take several chill pills, and I kicked myself up a notch. Things were much better after that.
We got to Ensenada and decided to go into town and see what adventures lay before us. We rented a golf cart to get around and that was the best thing we could have done. It was so much fun! Kelly and Nate were in the back facing backwards, so when Paul turned onto a 50mph street going at the cart's top speed of 20mph, they had a front row seat for their impending death. We were screaming and yelling and laughing. Good times.
Yes, there are very few photos of me. This is how I prefer it. Paul can't get enough pictures of himself, so it works out well. We went to lots of different shops and looked around and bought stuff. There was a cool store that had all things skeleton:
We bought a guitar for Oliver, which Paul used in many situations as well as inspiring a random guy to try his hand at it:
Paul posed with several monkey statues:
We paid a guy 5 bucks to sing during lunch, which Paul turned into a duet:
I loved walking around and seeing the sights. It was a good time. When we got back to the ship, Paul entered the Men's Sexiest Legs contest. I WISH I had a video of it, but our camera started acting all retarded and wasn't working. DANGIT!! There were about 20 men in the contest and they each had to do a dance for the 4 older lady judges to show off their sexy legs. Paul's dance was....memorable, to say the least. I was anonymously watching up on the balcony and the lady standing next to me said, "Oh, that's not right," as Paul was demonstrating his sexy. I did not let on that I knew him. They called out the winners for most muscular legs, chicken legs, hairiest legs and then.......the grand prize, winner of the sexiest legs goes to.....PAULBROWNING!! The lady next to me said, "Sexy?! You mean skinny!" Again, I remained silent. Paul received a medal and a hat, and much attention from fellow passengers throughout the rest of the day. We passed a table full of older women that whistled and asked for his autograph. Ah, the life of an extreme extrovert.
I think this night was formal dinner night, which was kind of fun to get dressed up for. The food was better and I was in a much better mood. Every night a photographer came around to each table to take pictures, and he was NOT amused by Paul's excited faces. He wouldn't take the picture until Paul had an appropriate face. He would have to keep looking up and then back into the viewer because Paul would make a face at the last second. He said to Paul in his heavy German accent, "You take your medication tonight, eh?" Then Paul made it his goal to get in the very back of other people's pictures making a face, just to tick him off. Very entertaining.
The show this night was the wonderous musical stylings of our cruise director, Johnny O. He had this electric flute thing that he loved talking about and getting applause for. He held several concerts during the cruise showing off his incredible-ness with this "magic flute" as we liked to call it. He thought he was pretty hot stuff. Paul had brought his laser pointer, and decided that this guy was begging for a frantic wiener circling. Now if there's one thing that Paul and I agree on, it's that laser pointers are hilarious when used in an inappropriate manner. Once we were at the movies and someone was laser pointing the actors' nostrils, boobs, etc. Paul and I laughed and laughed, while the rest of the theater got mad. There's just something about it that's humiliating and delightful, all at the same time. So we decided to videotape the Johnny O wiener circling and then run away. But the lighting made it too difficult - we had to do it several times, and never got a good video. The best we got was on this guy the next night:
Mature? No. Funny? YES.
(still, to be continued)

7 comments:
I am laughing so hard that I'm crying. Oh to be a fly on the wall during your cruise. It sounds like you guys had a great time. (At least once you got some sleep and Paul toned his excitement down a few notches.) We are definately going to have to go on a cruise sometime soon.
Looking forward to Part III...
that is to funny i want to be a fly on the wall in yuour house never a dull moment in the browning house is there?
Oh my gosh. Paul.
Gary's family used to use a laser pointer to drive their poor Grandma crazy. I think they will all enjoy that video immensely.
I really wish you had a video of the sexy legs dance. Even though Paul is very willing to show it to us, it will be hilarious to hear the lady next to you comment. I love that you just sat their so innocently.
HAHAHA! You guys are great!
Ok part B sounds much better. I must say I am suprised Paul has not had his face punched yet, chalk it up to his ability to make even the most serious people think he must just not be medicated.
I would LOVE to go on a cruise with you two.
Post a Comment