9.06.2007

I have a new favorite show. It's on BBC America (hooray for cable!) and it's called "How Clean is Your House?" Has anyone seen this? These two British ladies go to someone's pigsty of a house and show them how to clean things and then it's all sparkling and nice at the end. I like it because it makes me feel good about my house - the houses on this show are BEYOND disgusting. They don't use tons of chemicals to clean, and I'm learning all these cool ways to clean things. I mixed baking soda and dish detergent into a paste and it worked like a DREAM on Oliver's highchair. They use regular soap to clean kitchen cupboards, and they're always using borax and detergent in warm water. Can't wait to try it! (That's a little sad.) I haven't been this excited about cleaning in a long time.

11 comments:

Jaime said...

When is it on? I need to watch and get some motivation to clean my house. It's BAD news right now.

Michelle said...

Wow ... I'm super excited to see it too!! Thanks for posting! I'll have to do a post about my all time FAVORITE book ... Speed Cleaning 101. Seriously. It is the best! Can't wait to watch this!

Linz said...

HAHA! Yes, I've seen it! It always makes me feel better about the state of my house! LOL! Then I have to clean it again!

Pam and Rand said...

Let us know when this show is on - I'd like to see it. I'm in a cleaning mood right now. The Queen of Clean uses those kind of cleaning products too. I love her book. I'm going to go get speed cleaning - that sounds really good to me. Thanks for the tips!

Anonymous said...

Dang - I can't find out what time it's on. I think they were doing a marathon of it, because I watched like 4 episodes in a row on Saturday. I'll let you know if I find out.

tiffany said...

i love that show its so funny they should come clean my house although i dont think my house has ever been that bad i thought that show had been cancelled i hvent seen it in a long long time

sugarbritches said...

I used to LOVE this show! It was my favorite but I thought it was cancelled to because I never saw it again. Wasn't it HGTV before or was I mistaken. What channel is BBC? These ladies crack me up, their english phrases and feathery beaded rubber gloves are hilarious. I too, also feel like a neat freak compared to the people in this show. SCARY!! There is usually animal poo on the floors, beds etc, mouse poo everywhere, dead bugs etc. I'm amazed to see the end result. dont you wonder if they keep it up beyond the return visit? I bet they don't. People like this are usually hoarders/compulsive pack rats.

Christine said...

Any advice on how to clean a bath tub?

Anonymous said...

They say: Leave laundry detergent to soak in your bathtub overnight—the tub will gleam in the
morning (no scrubbing required)

(And if you do scrub, they say to use a nylon scrubber so it doesn't scratch the tub.)

Tell me if it works!

Christine said...

I tried this and it worked like a charm. I did have to scrub it though and everything came out super clean and it was really easy to scrub. I am definitely going to do it this way now for that ring around the tub problem. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com