
So the other day we're sitting in church and this little kid in front of us kept waving around this empty ziplock bag and showing it to us like it was something special. Then right in the middle of the Sacrament, he started saying, "Where's my bag, where's my bag, where's my bag??!!" all panicky and loud. And he continued to say it over and over about 50 times to his mom sitting next to him. At first she kept her cool and would say, "Sam, I don't know where your bag is." But after about the 45th time, she started saying, "STOP IT" through gritted teeth and threatened his life with her eyes. I always find it amusing to watch other people's kids do annoying things and see the parent's reaction to it. I'm always like - heehee, look how much she wants to murder him. I would too, if I was her. That's funny. Anyway, right before her head exploded with rage, the little boy stopped, squished up his face all mad and said, "Swiper swipered it!" All the parents on our row had a good laugh at that. Kids is cute.
Anti-climactic ending: Right after he said that, Paul emptied out a ziplock bag full of chalk from our church stuff and gave it to him. His face lit up and he rejoiced at being reunited with his precious bag once again.

15 comments:
Darn that swiper.
That's cute. I want to see other parents working into a rage. I feel like I'm usually the entertainment for everyone around me.
I feel for the moms of such persistent little kids. It is sooo hard to stay patient. I wonder what he thought was in the plastic bag. That is a cute conclusion. TV can be good.
What a cute story. Kids and Sacrament Meeting - DEFINITELY a patience/rage tester. :)
We need more PAUL parents out there!
Paul - why didn't you produce the bag after oh- the 20th time?
On Wednesday I went with Bronson and his scout troop to Cub-Country Day Camp. Five hour at Camp with 14 kids (8 – 9 years old). One of the kids riding in the other car asked the driver “Where are your barf bags?” then “Ralllllllllphhhhhhhh” all over her mini-van (cloth seats). When we arrived at camp this little brat went off on an hour long tangent about having puke on his socks!!!! Hour # two he went off on another tangent about wanting to buy something at the ‘trading post’ and why wouldn’t I make them open the trading post for him? Hours 3-5 his continued to charm the camp director, myself, and the woman whose car is going to smell bad for years. Finally I leaned in close to him and said “if you don’t shut you mouth, I’m going to kick you a$$” . . . silence at last. Why didn’t I threaten him four hours earlier?
This has nothing to do with your story, I just needed to vent! Thanks Mandi
See if they ever ask you to be with 14 8 & 9 year old kids all day at scout camp again! Oh wait, you said that on purpose, right? Good on ya.
He is an annoying brat. It's pretty bad when the camp counselors immediately can't stand him as well. Even better, he has identical twin.
P.S. Its "your", not "you".
P.S.S. I meant, It's "your", not "you".
Also, it's "ass".
Ha Ha! I love watching OTHER parents deal with their kids in church. I, of course, wouln't know that feeling because my kids are PERFECTLY behaved 100% of the time... Oh wait...
nice Paul, now the kid thinks you are the swiper
Ok first, I have to plead complete tardness. Was his comment about swiper swipered it mean something other than just the obvious "someone swiped it?" or is swiper a character? does it have anything to do with Dora? Or was that just the picture you used. Sorry, I know I sound like a total idiot but I'm slow tonight. Yeah Lisa way to ruin a funny moment. sorry. I'll probably understand tomorrow and be more embarrassed. Anyhoo, cayden is like that kid he will NEVER forget whatever his issue at the moment is. Example,while watching a video game commercial, mom I want the pirates of the caribbean game. ok. (I always say ok because it's easier than saying no and listening to him go ballistic, Plus he asks for everything he sees on tv from douche to swifer mops to video games) but mom i want the pirates of the caribbean game. ok. but mom i want the pirates of the caribbean game. ok. but mom i want the pirates of the caribbean video game. ok. ten hours later, but mom i want the pirates of the caribbean game. OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
off the subject. I think i did a post about this once, but your Dora picture reminded me again how much that cartoon drives me nuts. She yells! It gives me a total headache everytime i listen to it. watch it sometime. Dora sounds like she's shouting every line, i guess its an effort to sound super enthusiastic but it makes my head hurt so bad. and i'm not kidding, it really does give me a headache.
I was at girl's camp this week and the mom of the biggest beeatch at camp tells me that my kids are "pretty entertaining" to watch on Sundays. Well, your daughter is a pain in my butt. So there. Like you Mike, just venting.
Lisa - now I remember you saying that about the Dora and the yelling and it's so true and now it will probably start giving me a headache. Swiper is the little fox with a mask that takes stuff and they say (yell), "Swiper, no swiping!" I thought that the picture explained that, but apparently not enough for the tards among us. (kidding!)
I guess I had too bad of a headache from damn dora to pay attention. i hope this doesn't mean i have to actually watch it to see the character. good crap. i think i'd rather stay a tard.
Post a Comment