6.06.2007

The Kindest Dumbcrap

So yesterday was one of those days where every single piece of clothing I own is dirty, but first I have to wash the towels, because there are no clean towels either. And this is at 3pm? Yeah. It's the kind of day I just want to light a whole bunch of explosives off in my house and start from scratch. It's just been a frustrating day all around. I have all these projects I wanted to get done in the yard because Mike (Loudboy) was going to come install the playhouse shutters on THURSDAY. Or so he said. I needed to clean up all the leftover crap from our Saturday garage sale still lingering outside. (Although the dryer in the driveway is a nice look.) I also wanted to get all my plants planted that I bought a week ago, because they've been sitting around dying and I knew that would probably drive Mike nuts.

So as I'm finally about to take my much-needed shower, Isabel comes to tell me that Loudboy is at the door. Much swearing ensued as I pulled on some of Paul's clothes and tried to look as non-scary as possible. I don't think I succeeded. Damn the pop-in! I know Heidi hates the pop-in as much as I do. The Brownings are always popping in and always come at least an hour early to any sort of gathering at our house. It drives me up the wall! Oh, well, it's just a dumb pet peeve of mine. How can I be mad at Mike for getting me free shutters and installing them himself?? I can't be mad. I am very grateful. Although he did point out those plants...and several other yard issues. Thanks Mike. And he told me to paint everything again to match the shutters and paint the roof trim and put a flower box on the upper windows. THAT'S ALL. So don't expect pics of the new and improved playhouse anytime soon!

Just kidding, Mike. The shutters are sooooo cute and I love the color and I really love all the suggestions you made. So thanks. I'm just not looking forward to all the work involved.

12 comments:

Loud Boy said...

Oh get off your soapbox and call the waambulance!

First, I didn’t even notice you were wearing Paul’s clothes (by the way . . . that skirt looked nice on you).
Second, Mega-Piles of dirty laundry and a dryer in the driveway . . . No way am I touching this one.
Third, DOUCHEBAG? Adding the word “kindest” in front of it still doesn’t make it sound like a complement. Geez!
Fourth, Go plant your dang flowers already. In the time it took you to post this you could have been done.



Be grateful that I wasn’t wearing my “Captain Landscape” body suite.


Long live the pop-in!!!!!

mandi said...

Waaa - it's raining today. I can't plant my flowers.

Sorry, I think that's such a funny word. But I just realized that sweet Yvonne reads this. I'm changing it to dumbcrap. Better??

heidi said...

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the pop-in. Things always seem to be in a more chaotic state than usual.

Mike did try to give you fair warning, but like you too, I don't always answer my phone, so he called a couple of times asking me to warn you, but I was nursing and too comfy comf to get up and see who it was. Sorry!

It made for a good story anyway. And I'm extra excited to see how the shutters look! Mike has singlehandedly improved the look of so many of our homes - good to have you around, Loudboy.

sugarbritches said...

Aw memories... a couple of years ago Loudboy rescued my neglected yard and make it look amazing, he also mowed my lawn every week etc. It was great! However...anyone who knows me, knows, i have other talents other than wearing a bra at home and having a spotless house. So, each week mike would come I would have plans to be sure to have a clean house, but I was doing lots of cakes then and NEVER seemed to catch up. Each week mike would come, I'd be wearing my "uniform" (large t-shirt, sweat capris and NO bra on my enormous fat girl boobs). In addition I always had a pile of laundry that seemed to have a life of it's own, it got bigger then smaller then bigger then smaller but never went away. I remember Ashby telling me once, "my Dad said your house was the messiest it's ever been today" Yay! I've reached the pinnacle, my work is done! Did I do my homework loudboy? I can't remember if I kept up on the homework assignments I was given when you did my yard. Let's say I did, then I could explain my messy house.
speaking of messy, Gary has now learned my dark secrets, telling me he finally found someone with a messier car than heidi...me. take that heidi!
One last thing. The pop in, not a fan, in fact I rarely answer the door because I'm rarely dressed, the house is always messy and I STILL have a mattress in my living room because Tom keeps telling me I can't call the junk people to come get it because it costs too much and to not worry about it because he'll do it this week...ok it's been there since my surgery. All I need are appliances on my front porch and I'm good! I will say, to defend myself, in spite of my messy messy house, it's clean underneath, I clean really well i just can't ever keep up with the clutter and laundry. I clean it spotless, by the end of the day it's messy again, thanks to my lazy messy family.
Another side note (good crap this post is long), I had friend who went on a mission to tennessee and all the hillbillies (if they're lucky) have appliances on their porches. I asked her why and she said, so everyone can see them! whats the good of having modern appliances if no one knows you have them! so there. the end.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lisa! You're the funniest and you always make me feel better.

Loud Boy said...

DOUCHEBAG? DUMBCRAP? Girl, you need to learn how to compliment.

those flowers are going to die if you don't plant them soon!

Jaime said...

Mike came over and put in your shutters? wow.

Mike told Jed that he wouldn't bug us about the yard until Jed calls him so now my yard is never going to be done!! I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands now. Does anyone besides Mike know how to replace a short sprinkler box with a tall one and add some sprinkler heads with that funny tube stuff? Dad? Zak? ... not Paul, Gary?

What are you going to do with all of these cranks your helping Mike?

mandi said...

Mike, you know I'm kidding with the love. I planted my flowers and they perked right up. They are totally alive and now you can breathe a sigh of relief.

Jaime, I think you're on your own with that one. Captain Landscape to the rescue!!!

Loud Boy said...

Jaime,

Monday I will fix the sprinkler! I will be availabel to go get rocks on Saturday 06-23-07. I hope this works for you (and Jed).

Mandi,

I feel the love, and I know you are kidding (sometimes).
Thanks for planting the flowers, I was starting to have nightmares

Jaime said...

Mike - I talked to Jed and he will get it done this weekend. Thanks though! You have done way too much already. I feel like a big whiner now. ugh.

sugarbritches said...

Douche bag, dumbcrap now kindest? I liked dumbcrap the best. you're too kind. you know Mike likes the fight, right mike?

Anonymous said...

You're so right Lisa. Heidi and Paul were making me feel bad about it, but I'm glad you brought me to my senses and helped me stick to my beliefs!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com