So I'm having some huge major things going on that are difficult (Oliver's surgery, finances, blah blah), but then it's the little things that just compound everything, ya know? I'm finding that my forgetfulness isn't just directed toward others, it creates annoyances for myself on a daily basis. Yesterday I suddenly remembered that I was one day late for using my Gymbucks at Gymboree. (I know Jaime will commiserate with me.) So I called the store on the offchance that they would have pity on me. She said - they're still in the system, so if you hurry, I think you'll be fine. So I was in a rush to leave, and then I realized that they require your receipt. I got the stuff online, so I was turning the house upside down trying to find it. (No, you can't print it out - it has to be the original.) In the back of my mind I vaguely recall looking at it and thinking, hmm, I don't need to return any of these things, so in the trash it goes. I have mom's "chuck-it" syndrome, in which you throw things away capriciously and without regret.....until later when you need them. So, no gymbucks for me. Sad.
I'm also a coupon freak (more on that another time), but I couldn't find my coupon for my ABSOLUTELY FREE dishwashing detergent. Now that's a good coupon. And very very disheartening when you can't find it.
By the way, go to Valpak.com to get a fantastic Mayan coupon. Buy one entree get one free. Didn't you have a gift certificate there Jaime....or Heidi? By the way, we already used our gift there from you Heidi, and it was FANTASTICO. MUCHAS GRACIAS. This post should be an email to Jaime and Heidi only. Sorry everyone.
I'm continuing on, though. So to add to my sorrow about my own foolishness, I then received my ebay purchases in the mail. When I was notified that I was the winning bidder, I COULD NOT REMEMBER BIDDING ON THOSE ITEMS. But I didn't want a bad mark on my purchasing record, so I went ahead and paid for them anyway. I remember looking at them, but I didn't bid on them did I? Was I high at the time? This is what I purchased:
One macramed plant holder.
AND
One book "Fit to be Tied: Advanced Macrame Projects".
Yes, I was definitely high. I want my kitchen to be a tiny bit retro and I was just reminiscing about that macramed plant holder mom used to have, but I'm not sure that I actually want to own one. Oh well, maybe I'll just pretend it's cool and that nobody else knows what they're talking about. The book had a thank you note taped to it signed, "Becky, Ladies with a Past." oooookay. I swear I saw wisps of cigarette smoke rising off the cover. I don't think Becky put her smokes down long enough to complete any of these advanced macrame projects. Her store should be titled, "Ladies with a history of lung cancer." Anyway, start picking out your Christmas gifts now, so I have time to get them done.
Or maybe a fuzzy owl?Here's another disturbing thing. I'm starting to think those owls are cute. I already bought this owl bank for my kitchen:
Remember Grandma Rasmussen had all things owl in her kitchen? I used to think it was so creepy and sooooo old-fashioned. Now I'm starting to think it's cool and I'm wondering what she did with them so I can have them. I'm also trolling ebay for "vintage" Tupperware. HHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP MMMEEEEEEE!!!! I need a serious intervention when I start thinking Grandma Rasmussen is one hip chick. Alright, I'm finished.
Remember Grandma Rasmussen had all things owl in her kitchen? I used to think it was so creepy and sooooo old-fashioned. Now I'm starting to think it's cool and I'm wondering what she did with them so I can have them. I'm also trolling ebay for "vintage" Tupperware. HHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP MMMEEEEEEE!!!! I need a serious intervention when I start thinking Grandma Rasmussen is one hip chick. Alright, I'm finished.

6 comments:
You are hilarious. I always get nervous that I'll do that on ebay. Is the book any good? I think those owls are totally cool. Plus, I bought Gary a shirt at the Black Chandelier with owls on it and the girl at the store said, "Owls are totally in right now". One of the funniest things I've ever heard, but hey, maybe she's right and maybe you're on to something.
P.S. Gary can't remember anything either - you two should chat about it sometime.
MISSED THE GYMBUCKS??? crap!! I bought Heidi's baby boy the CUTEST outfit with my Gymbucks and it ended up costing like $10. I love that. I really didn't mean to rub it in - but I kinda did. SORRY.
You should ask Grandma about the owl stuff - she had tons of it. I think she even had a macromed owl on her wall.
LUCKY!!!!! I think Valerie would love that macrame chair on our patio. Let me know when you open your retro-crap gift shop. I'll be your first customer for sure!!
Owls?? I remember all that crap at grandmas house. It was creepy. I don't want your house turning into a white trash wonderland, Mandi. The owls are fine, but don't move on to plastic clowns and flamingos living around the porch. Thats where it will have to stop.
This is a funny blog! I do remember G Ras. macrame owl - even then when these thing were OK - it was bad since it was on her wall. That is so mean - but I think all the cheap stuff that went along with it brought it down. I once made a macrame plant holder that I thought was great. I wonder what ever happened to it? Maybe I have your forgetful disease.
Thanks Heidi. Owls ARE totally in right now. I'M totally in right now. Finally.
Post a Comment