10.16.2006

kids

Well, like Heidi, I need to write this about my kids for posterity sake.

The other day Alex told me he was going to his friend's house to play. He headed out the door and then said, "Oh yeah, I forgot," and grabbed his scriptures off the counter and took them with him. I said, "Alex, why are you taking your scriptures?" He said, "Me and Caleb pretend to do spells with them." oooookaaaay

Then today he and Isabel came in and told me they sent a letter to Heavenly Father. I said, "But you can talk to Heavenly Father by saying your prayers - he doesn't take letters." They said, "I know, but we just wanted to send him a letter, because he never gets letters - just prayers." They had written on the balloon they had just got from Harmons and let it go up in the sky so He would get it. I asked what it said - they had written, "Dear Heavenly Father, we are thankful for everything we have. Please make everyone be safe tonight. We love you. Love, Alex and Isabel."

4 comments:

Jaime said...

That is the SWEETEST thing. How smart to write it on a balloon and send it to heaven! I love that Alex is using scriptures as a spell book - hahaha.

Jeni said...

That made me a little teary-eyed!

Pam and Rand said...

That is so cute and funny. They totally crack me up - I would love to know what spell they are doing. Did you save a copy of their letter?

heidi said...

That is soooooooooooo cute. I'm so glad you wrote it. What sweethearts.

And I love that about the spells. It does look like some sort of witches book of spells.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com