8.09.2006

Question

Abby and Isabel


Abby is Isabel's cute little friend. They don't play together too often because her house is far enough away that you have to drive. Abby's mom called me today and asked if Abby could come over and play. I said, of course! Isabel will be so excited! She also mentioned she was going to the paint store for a couple hours, so to call her if I needed Abby to go home sooner than that. I was downstairs when Abby came in, and when I went upstairs I also found her brother wandering through our house. I have never met her brother, and he has never played with our kids. I didn't even know his name. I saw their mom still outside in the van, so I said to the brother, uh, I think your mom's waiting out there for you. He said, no - she told me I'm supposed to play here. Um....alright. He turned out to be the sweetest boy ever, so I really didn't mind that he came over. But my question is, shouldn't the mom just come clean and say, "Can you babysit my kids?" instead of, "Can Isabel play?" Seems to me there's a difference. Am I wrong here?

9 comments:

Montgomery Q said...

You forgot to give important detail on the depth of his cuteness. I love Ethan or Esther or whatever his name was. And I love Abby. She did Isabel's hair in what looks like dreds AND cornrows AND ponytails. It looked like an exploded chihuahua.

Loud Boy said...

Your blog is great!!!!! Thank you for letting us be your friend. Oh and thank you for coming out of the closet. do you feel better now? you should, you are a very funny person and the moores will know it now!!!!!

heidi said...

Did I miss something? When did you come out of the closet? Have you been hanging out with my in-laws behind my back? REal cool.

That is WAY funny about the mom dropping both her kids off. Good thing he was a nice boy. Did she ever say anything about it? I guess that's one way to get some time alone.

mandi said...

Heidi - You've been missing some excitement on Pretty Ryan's blog. I was FORCED out of the closet by Loud Boy.

Loud Boy - No, I can't say I feel better now, but I do want to be your friend, so it's ok. Thank you for the kind words. Group hug!

This little Ethan kid was seriously the cutest thing. Maybe that's why his mom knew she could get away with it. He told me he was hungry and I said, I'll make you some popcorn, and he said, "Oh yes! That would be fine! Thank you!" in this high CUTE voice. He hugged me after I gave it to him. So funny. The mom asked afterward, was that ok? And of course it was.

Jaime said...

That is weird. Why didn't she just ask? Maybe she was desperate to get that paint...

Pam and Rand said...

I think you feel taken advantage of when the real situation is not up front. It is an uncomfortable feeling even if the situation is good. Ethan sounds so cute! The picture with Isabel and Abbey is adorable! I'm glad she acknowledged that she did take advantage of the situation. - I've got to hurry and check out Pretty Ryan and Loud Boy to see the drama I've missed. Bye.

sugarbritches said...

Even if your kids are cute as bugs bum or not, I have a pet peave of people who do that. I have a neighbor who used to do that all the time. Wait no, that's not true. She didn't do it to me but to my friend. Well it was better to pretend it was me. But I still hate it.

nannygoatgruff said...

Mandi I have spent the night reading your blog for the first time! I love it! I always love your comments too on other blogs. Since I am commenting on an old blog you may never know I am commenting....but I feel better. My neighbor's kids just wander. We were in teh final stages of leaving for an 11 day trip...kids were going potty and we were checking the doors....when the neighbors

nannygoatgruff said...

Hey - it cut me off....anywho, the neighbor's TWO YEAR OLD came up from our basement.....He had come in and noone had noticed. I am not sure who long he had been downstairs. Freaky. Freaky. How would they have ever known where he was? It is really creepy to think about....I am more stories on this subject...we'll chat lata! Natalie

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com