Hi. I guess I'm blogging again. That last dumb post was my triumphant return, in case you didn't realize. Don't call it a comeback! I been here for years. Rockin' my peers and puttin' suckas in fear. (That was for you, LL Cool J fans). I've been meaning to post other stuff, but then I got busy doing a crazy thing. I saw in a Macey's (grocery store) ad that they were having a gingerbread house contest, with a $500 first prize, and my brain began obsessing about how I HAD to do it. My brain tends to have a mind of its own. So I spent the last month planning, checking out gingerbread house books from the library, photocopying and laminating patterns, testing gingerbread recipes, and pretty much neglecting all other household duties. I put my all into this project, and was certain that I would at least take home the $100 third prize. That is until I saw some of the other entries. And then my spirit was crushed irrevocably. But that's ok. I had fun doing it, and I proved to myself that I could do it, and golly gee, winning isn't everything, right? : /
Anyway, here it is, my glorious Cupcake Cookie Christmas Cottage:
 |
It lights up and everything! ( Jellybean walkway, butterscotch
and cinnamon hard candy windows, Reese's peanut butter cup cupcakes,
cotton candy chimney smoke)
|
They announce the winners this Thursday. It will be on display until Dec. 17, so if you're ever at Macey's in Orem, go see it. And "accidentally" knock over the big castle to the left of it. j/k That wouldn't be a very Christmasy thing to do.
19 comments:
This makes all over homes, be they gingerbread or stucco, look like piles of garbage.
W.O.W! My favorite parts are the pretzel logs, the beads around the doors and windows and the cookie shingles. And the light-up windows and cotton candy chimney smoke. I will never have the patience for this so it's fun to see your work. Good luck in the contest... and I'm sure if we lived closer my boys could manage a wrestling match at the foot of the giant castle...
Holy cow, Mandi!! That is so gorgeous. Amazing detail work. You are uber-talented, and I hope you win!
mandi you are my hero when it comes to bakeing you are amazing if i could go knock over the castle i would
You are amazing! That is so cool! I hope you win something! Keep us posted for sure! And I'm glad I'm not the only one that quotes that LL cool J song. Love me some LL!
Oh my goodness! You are the goddess of frosting!! Good luck!!
I can't believe that's FULL SIZED! Incredible!
Good job, 'Doon.
wow... so amazing. I don't see how you won't win. Stupid castle. Miss, you.. wish I could see this one in person!
Um, it's just SLIGHTLY amazing. Like Rachel Zoe "AH-MAZE-ING". And a "Ba-NA-NAS" added in for good measure.
p.s. My family is going to take a field trip to Macey's on Saturday to see the creation in person. Should we do lunch??? Maybe Ruby can keep herself out of InstaCare this time.
For what it's worth, I pinned it in my newly created Gingerbread House pinboard!
That is really amazing! I'm coming to Orem Thursday - what time do they announce winners?
You guys are very sweet.....thank you!
Kelly - Yes, we SHOULD do lunch! Where do you want to go?
April - I love that you love LL with me.
Rachel - I miss you too. I keep meaning to tell you....Oliver keeps saying, "Remember those boys that came to our BBQ and played the computer with me? I want to play with them again." I wish wish wish they could come and play. He had so much fun with them.
Mom - Paul called the store to ask what time they would announce it and I heard him say, "Oh, so we have NO chance of winning, then." HAA! Turns out they are choosing 3 winners between ALL of the Macey's grocery stores. Not just Orem. Laaaaame. So that's disappointing. I think they just call you if you win. Anyway, it will be there..... But I get it back on Dec. 17, so I'll just bring it to Sunday dinner on the 18th.
I love it so much. You should save it and enter it every year. Sucks about the winner being from ALL the Macey's. Great.
Maybe I'll abandon my kids and go see it. I'm kinda done with them right now.
You are my gingerbread house hero. I don't have money to give you, but you won my gingerbread house making contest!
It's so beautiful. You're amazing!
That is so super cool!
Mandi- I said, "Aw hell Don!" under my breath today at something and thought of you. Hope you are doing good!
Sinika - I love you. Is that a weird thing to say to someone you've never officially met? You're funny and sweet. I wrote a half a blog post a couple days ago. Maybe I'll finish it one of these days? Super jealous of your cruise, by the way. Thank you for thinking of me!
That's it. When the Woods come back into town, it's BBQ time at our house so we can meet. Finish the post!!
Post a Comment