11.17.2011

Utah County Medium

Rubbing you the right way since 1990
You guys.  I have a gift.  It's something I've known about for awhile, but I wasn't sure if I was just making it up.   Then something happened the other night that proved to me definitively that it is REAL.   K.  Sometimes the name of a singer or band will come to my mind during the day, and I'll think, "Hmm.....I haven't heard anything about them for a long time.  I wonder what they're doing?"  And then that very night, I will see them on a talk show, or Access Hollywood will mention their new album.   WEIRD, HUH.

You're thinking, "Mandi, that's cool, but there must be some explanation.  Maybe radio stations were playing more of their songs in anticipation of their new album and that's why you thought of them?" NO.  I think of weird artists that are no longer on the radio, like Sade.  I thought to myself one day, "Remember Sade?  I kinda liked her.  I wonder why she doesn't make any new music."  And then that night she was singing her new song on Letterman.   Are you getting chills yet?

Well listen to this.  Last Friday, I suddenly thought of one of my favorite songs when I was 17.  It was "Rub You the Right Way" by Johnny Gill.  Anyone else out there a Johnny Gill fan??  I'm guessing no.  But I ADORED him.  So I thought about him several times that day and promised myself to a) put that song on my ipod, and b) look him up on the internet to see if he looks old.  No need to do that last part, because that night he was SITTING IN WITH THE BAND ON JIMMY FALLON!!!!!

I'm a little frightened by this power.  How best to share my gift with the world?  I only want to use it for good.  If you have any ideas, please let me know.

5 comments:

Linz said...

That is an awesome power!! Please, though - use it for good...

Angie said...

Maybe fading pop stars will pay you to think about them and get them started on a comeback! ;)

Joel said...

Do you consider raising awareness of the miniature men who stalk us and steal miniscule fragments of our clothing a good cause? If so, let's talk. I've been looking for someone like you.

rachel said...

perfect, I will send you a list of bands I would like you to start thinking about! Can you bring them back from the dead?

Boy Mom said...

I Always knew you were special!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com