8.26.2010

Oliver Update

Oliver has discovered a love for hula hooping. He thinks he does better with no clothes on, so right before this video was taken, he stripped down to his underwear. He kept saying, "Mom, watch this! It's going to be INCREDIBLE." We were trying to get him to say INCREDIBLE in the video, but it didn't pan out.




Another thing he's into lately is eating. He asks me all day long what he can eat - even 5 minutes after a meal. It drives me nuts. So I finally told him, "You can eat whatever you want, at any time, as long as it's not a treat." He was very excited by this news. After a couple days of this new freedom, he said to me, "I'm really glad I can eat whatever I want. It's like I'm famous!"

Oliver: It would be fun to be on a cloud.
Me: Yeah, it would be really fluffy.
Oliver: (Thinking for a minute...) Actually it would be really through-y. You would fall right through it.

Oliver: Wait. Let me make sure my heart's running. (Puts his hand on his chest.) Yeah, it's still running.

He can read like nobody's business. He reads my emails over my shoulder. (Yikes.) He read his entire talk in church by himself. At his birthday party in May (he just turned 5), we had a little treasure hunt. At one point I realized there wasn't an adult with them to read the clue, but Oliver just matter-of-factly took it and read it for everyone. Ok, I'm bragging, but I can't help it, he's smart.

Oliver: Mom, we need to get a ring for you if we're going to get married. Wait.....you already married dad, didn't you. Why DID you marry him, anyway? You just liked him a lot??"
Me: Something like that.

Maddie to me: Maybe you should have another baby.
Me: Really? You think I should?
Oliver: (with a warning tone) You'll have to marry dad again....

He took T-ball this spring, and loved it. As a baseman he felt it was his job was to intimidate and bug the other team. He would stand right on the base and not give the runners room to stand. At one point, we thought he was kissing them on the cheek, but he told me he was blowing in their ears. To bug them. Here he is flipping a runner on the head, and then sizing up his next victim. Yes, we are the kind of parents that laugh instead of telling him to stop. Shame on us. (He's in the hat.)




The other day Paul was giving the kids an angry lecture. He ended it with a serious threat of punishment, and this was immediately followed by the loudest and longest belch ever produced by Oliver. Everyone started laughing uncontrollably, and Paul's attempts at authority were once again ignored.

Oliver: Mom, you're a BMF.
Me: ?
Oliver: Best Mom Forever!

I love this boy.

7 comments:

tiffany said...

oliver is so cute cant help but ove him instantly

flicking the other kids is cassic my dad tels ennys kids to aim for the other persons head when they are throwing the baseball

Prilla said...

LOVE that kid! I always love a good Oliver post!

Angie said...

LOL. He is so cute!

Montgomery Q said...

GHB

Michelle said...

:) Hilarious. He is just adorable.

Boy Mom said...

Maybe he and Adam could switch grades for awhile, so jealous about the reading thing.

He is such a cutie!

The baseball thing is hillarious, you can't coach good bugging.

Pam and Rand said...

He is hilarious and so dang cute & smart! We missed all of you yesterday.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com