I've been meaning to write about our cruise, but I've been suffering from "mal de debarquement." I still feel like I'm rocking on the boat, and it makes me dizzy. I can't believe it's lasted this long, so I did some research and found this out:
Mal de Debarquement Syndrome (or MDDS) is an imbalance or rocking sensation that occurs after prolonged exposure to motion (most commonly after a sea cruise or a long airplane flight). Travellers often experience this sensation temporarily after disembarking, but in the case of MDDS sufferers it can persist for 6-12 months or even many years in some cases. Most individuals with this diagnosis are women between the ages of 40 and 50.
So......old ladies, then. What? I'm 35??! Aw, crap. And it could last years, you say? Well, isn't that grand. Just call me Lucille 2.
And while I'm on the subject of Lucille 2, I might as well quote my favorite scene of hers of all time......
Lucille: Shall I put the posturpedic in the down position?
Gob: Let's elevate the knees this time.
I keep hearing there is an Arrested Development movie in the works, and I can't STAND how happy that would make me. Let's all pray.
3.10.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
HA! "We're OK, we're ok, somebody get...we're ok"
We should call you Mandi StandsPoor.
"Whenever she'd change clothes, she'd make me wait on the balcony until zip-up - and yet anything goes at bath-time."
A round of sniffing has started!
Maybe it has nothing to do with the cruise, Paul has a tendancy to do that to people...Look at me, I've been unstable for years...how long have I known him? Oh yeah, that explains it.
I remember being like that when I came home from Lake Powell last summer. We were on the house boat for about a week and I swear it took 2 week for me to quit swaying. Good luck with that.
From Paul's blog it looks like you guys had fun, but did you really go, cause I don't see you in very many of the pictures. Paul is such a camera hog. He could at least photoshop you into some of them.
I will pray everyday for the movie. The thought of it makes me teary.
Every character on that show was perfect. I love the quote Paul did.
There is seriously a name for that? Weird. I would totally be nauseated all the time. Hope you're getting over it.
Not a fan of Arrested, but I did enjoy the blog. Hope you get your land legs soon!
I hate that feeling. Is it still happening? I'm not sure cruises are worth all the hype.
Post a Comment