Item #1
These are my favorite moments of the cousin pictures taken yesterday:
AND
That was quite a feat getting the two-year-olds to stay still for two seconds. Pretty funny. They're all so cute, aren't they? Good job on the kid making, everyone.
Item #2
Alex and Isabel are in T-ball. It's been interesting. I always forget to take them to the practices. At the games they don't keep score, they just make sure everyone gets a chance to hit and then the coaches tell them where to run. They're getting the hang of it now, I think. Their enthusiasm for the sport looks like this:

We bought them cool new mitts - Isabel's is pink and lights up. Alex's is blue, but you would never know it from our pictures, because every time we get to the game, he announces that he has forgotten to bring it. So he borrows other ones. We are just glad he has shoes on, usually.
Anyway, they're cute and it's fun to watch them play. Oliver LOVES the games and wants to be a part of everything. He met a little friend there and they throw balls at each other. He calls her "T-ball."

Item #3
Look what I did:
I finally painted our little sunroom area. Fresh Pear was the final winner after 6 months of studying green paint chips. And I still like it 4 days later! Amazing. I'm debating if I should paint the whole room that color, or just that one wall. Feel free to give your input. I also painted the playhouse (again) to match the new shutters that Mike picked out and installed:

And side view:
Aren't they cute?? Thanks Mike! Yes, the door is now black. Paul asked why a black door, and I replied, "Because Mike said." So all the praise and/or blame should go to Mike. I think that's fair. Father Mike also said to paint the roof trim and the upper side window. And to put a flowerbox on that upper side window. I'm still debating if I'm going to do that. Again, feel free to give the input. Hey Paul, photoshop that for me to see what it would look like. I forgot to take pictures of the inside. Dang. I'll have to post those later. If you're bored to tears hearing about this playhouse again, I don't blame you. I'll move on.
Item#4
Note to self: Do not let kids eat in the living room ever again. They leave the ketchup out. And Oliver finds it. Oliver loves ketchup. Eating it and pouring it. It was not a good day for our carpet.
Item #5
I have been convinced by all of you to spray our house for spiders. This black widow on our porch stairs also convinced me. He finally succumbed to the gallon of spray I poured upon him. So gross.
Item Last
Our visit to the zoo produced this very patriotic picture.
Item #2
Alex and Isabel are in T-ball. It's been interesting. I always forget to take them to the practices. At the games they don't keep score, they just make sure everyone gets a chance to hit and then the coaches tell them where to run. They're getting the hang of it now, I think. Their enthusiasm for the sport looks like this:
We bought them cool new mitts - Isabel's is pink and lights up. Alex's is blue, but you would never know it from our pictures, because every time we get to the game, he announces that he has forgotten to bring it. So he borrows other ones. We are just glad he has shoes on, usually.
Item #3
Look what I did:
And side view:
Item#4
Note to self: Do not let kids eat in the living room ever again. They leave the ketchup out. And Oliver finds it. Oliver loves ketchup. Eating it and pouring it. It was not a good day for our carpet.
I have been convinced by all of you to spray our house for spiders. This black widow on our porch stairs also convinced me. He finally succumbed to the gallon of spray I poured upon him. So gross.
Item Last
Our visit to the zoo produced this very patriotic picture.

15 comments:
Best. Post. Ever.
Just satisfying and descriptive and humorous and something for everyone. Well done, man doo.
I'm just glad we put that sheet down so the kids wouldnt make a mess.
That spider is sexy.
LOVE the playhouse, LOVE the room (wish we were allowed to paint in our rental) LOVE everything - except the fact that you went to the zoo and did not call us! What's up with that? We have a zoo pass and can even get an extra adult in free so call us next time!
Ok so you have been busy!
Playhouse: Amazing..Excellent choice of colors. Love the shutters!
Cousin Pics: Yeah tell me about it..Love the family reunions this time of year. Difference? If they don't turn out its my fault. Gosh I love my job!
Sun Room: Refreshing! I'm loving the Fresh Pear.
Spiders: Two words "Home Defense". Love that spray. Those spiders are nasty.
Zoo picture: Very patriotic.
Happy 4th.
Thanks Jeni! Actually we had a free pass from Primary Children's when Oliver had his surgery. But next time we'll call you for sure!
Pictures of the cousins was pretty funny.
I love the sun room! That is the perfect color and the rugs/pillows are so cute, too! Did you get those at Ikea?
The playhouse turned out perfect. You need to post pics from the inside - it's amazing.
Those spiders are ew.
That is the coolest picture of the flag and birds! Who took that? Well done.
Mandi- I agree ... this post was very good. Loved it thouroughly (is that how you spell that word?) Anyway, I LOVE the sunroom - what a fun room to have ... and, it's gorgeous. I bet your kids have a blast in the play house. Nice work! I'm sad that we probably won't see everyone this year for the Fourth. We all seem to be going separate ways. Next year, though! :) Lotsa love.
PS - that ketchup "spill" would have made me seizure. My kids (all of them) spill so much - very maddening. What did you use to get it out?
Great post!!! The play house looks awesome! Glad I could help.
The playhouse looks amazing!! I wish I had a playhouse for Cayden...or me. So I could run away and hide in the land of make believe when Cayden opens a brand new bag of chips and pours them on the floor and stomps on them and Hillary tells me yes she'll do something then grooms for hours until it's too late or uses her extraordinary debate skills to make me question, now why did I want her to do chores? I'm such a bad mom. Or when Tom...well when tom is tom...that's enough. Ok, i went off the deep end. I still want a playhouse and yours looks amazing, great job Mike and Mandi! Yeah! spray the damn spiders!! I have black widows in my garage and they scare me bad.
Your sunroom looks amazing!! that color of green is so perfect and I love it and now I want to copy you. I LOVE green, most all shades,especially THAT shade.
that post kicks bum.
I love the sunroom - so pretty! I think some more green would look good in your kitchen. The playhouse really is darling. It feels complete now! Yikes that spider is bad - is that the black widow you were talking about?
Happy 4th! (We'll bring Alex's shoes and Olivers pictures to you tomorrow).
I think that is so cute that Oliver calls his friend T-Ball. That picture is priceless!
You are such a great designer! I love, love the sunroom. The rug is so stylin' and I love the wall color. How do you have time to do all of this??? I feel like a total lazy bum now!
Thanks everybody! You're all so kind. Answers to questions:
-I got the rug at Home Depot and the pillows on some online retro store.
-I took the zoo picture with our newly fixed Pentax. You go Optio 550!
-Thoroughly is how you spell that word. (just kidding)
-We got the ketchup out with our Hoover Steam Vac which you MUST GET! Now whenever somebody poops, throws up, spills, whatever, on the carpet, I don't freak out and want to kill anymore because I know I can just steamvac it out. It's AWESOME. I love it. Seriously, get one.
yer awesome.
Post a Comment