I think I need to explain Paul's latest post. It's a little vague for a reason. Paul sometimes writes about his work clients, making fun of their weird creative briefs. He hasn't been real careful about not using their real names. That was a mistake. The other day, one of those companies googled their name and found Paul's post about how retarded he thinks they are. For some reason they didn't appreciate this very much, and called Paul's boss and complained. Paul was talked to and written up. Also, the glass researcher dude (that he randomly picked to discuss on his 34th birthday blog) emailed him, wondering what the crap he was doing on Paul's blog. How could he not enjoy being underneath the Farrah/Paul picture?? What a party pooper. Anyway, this has lead Paul to do some soul searching. I didn't think he'd be so drastic and end it altogether, but....he's said that before, so we'll see.
Also, Jaime left this comment: What are you talking about? I've never been offended either. Is it because of the anonymous comment?? Anyone who calls someone a flipping idiot doesn't deserve to post comments anyways. Don't leave the blogging world - we like you.
Then Paul deleted it with this explanation to me: Jaime's nice. I had to quickly delete her comment...I don’t want people defending it, so the apology hits home better...
I still don't understand what that means, but....whatever. And then Jaime didn't understand why he deleted her comment and was worried that she had done something to offend him. You're so offensive, Jaime! GOSH! Actually, there are very few things I can think of that would offend Paul. It's hard to do. ANYWAY, now you know.
P.S. Now that I've titled this post I want to explain that, too. Paul had a friend in junior high named Cody that he would talk a weird way with. They would add "py" to most words and call each other pyoopy pyaul and pyoopy pyody. For some reason I think this is hilarious. One time a teacher got mad at them for talking like that and said, "That's pure nonsense!" And Cody passed a note to Paul that said "pyonsense". It makes me laugh. Anyway, awhile ago at the doctor's office we ran into him, and he's all professional and business-like and middle-aged looking. He's a medical rep or something. He's all - hey Paul! And Paul goes, "Pyoopy Pyody!" And the guy hesitates and then comes out with a sort of reluctant "Pyoopy Pyaul." He was way nice and it just made me laugh to hear him say it.
2.16.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh my goodness. That is NOT good. That's one of those things you'd never expect to happen - a client finding your blog and bad things you've said about them - dang that google! It's so amazing, yet so dangerous.
Maybe the client will have a good long look at himself too.
Sorry Paul, that sucks.
Oh yeah, and that's way funny about the pyoopy pyaul guy saying it reluctantly. He he.
ugh. too bad! ah google. such a blessing and a burden. thats no fun. how embarrasing. i think i would cry. hard. but i admire him...maybe i wouldn't cry. i don't know.
haha, just read heidi's post...apparently we have the same 'google opinions.'
holy crap thats embarrassing!!! I had one of those moments last year when i was ragging on my ward for something and someone anonymously said, "i hope no one in your ward reads this". I panicked and gave my blog the proverbial "enema", clean as a whistle. I haven't blogged much since. It isn't fun to worry about what you say.
That's sad Lisa. You should blog. I miss your hilariousness.
Post a Comment