1.15.2007

BFF....until I eat you.

Let's see who can comment on my stupidest blog yet. (Well, El Cucuy was up there.) But isn't dumb better than nothing? I say yes.

First I want to say (this isn't the stupid part) thanks for all the kindness and help through Oliver's thing. I didn't mention that in my last blog and I meant to. Everyone has been so helpful and nice. Thanks for the babysitting and the visits and offers to help and all the support (family). Thanks for the prayers and love and putting his name on the temple roll (Moore's). It's great to know that people are thinking of you during hard times. We appreciate it a lot. Oh yah, and Oliver's surgery is scheduled for January 30th. They tell me something different every time I call, so who knows - it could change. But for now that's the day.

K, onto the nothingness. I've been hovering over the frog a lot lately, since it's been so cold and I've come to care about the little thing. (She's talking about her damn frog again, Helen.) You will LISTEN to my frog story and you will LIKE IT. I feel bad that he's so cold. I have this little aquarium heater that sticks to the side of the tank. I bought the smallest one because it was the "cheapest" at 17 bucks! Freak! I'm not made of money ya know, froggy. So I've been running our little portable heater day and night on the other side. Last night I noticed that the frog and his cricket/dinner were side by side against the heater. They were sort of touching heads. They stayed like that for most of the night. I wish my picture of them turned out, but here's an approximation:



It reminded me of those dog/cat pictures titled "FRIENDS." Aaaawwwww. How sweet. In my research for one of those pictures, I found the standard:


And funnier:


And just downright scary:


I mean, shouldn't she be in the ground already?? Yiiiiiiikes!! That cat is thanking its lucky stars. Meow meow HELP ME.

And let the comments flow freely.

11 comments:

Zak said...

what the crap did you type in the search bar for that picture?? that woman is scary!!

Loud Boy said...

If the ground wasn't frozen, I would dig the old woman a hole right now! Right next to our cat. That's right our cat is gone already.

heidi said...

Oh my gosh, is she dead? Sadness.

That's cute about the frog and cricket, but oddly morbid, since the frog will probably be eating him soon. I think if it were the same scenario, the cat would be eating the old lady soon too. That made no sense.

mandi said...

Oh no loudboy! That's terrible! And I'm sorry that it makes me laugh. What happened? Why haven't you blogged about this??

Pam and Rand said...

Oh - the picture makes me want to cry. You guys didn't know Grandma Dowdell- she was 68 year old when I was born and already had white hair. She was always so old looking and nearing 90 looked very much like that old woman. She had so much stregnth until about a year before she died. I think it is so sweet to that old woman some warmth and nuturing from that cat. The frog picture is great - so funny that the cricket is so dumb and unsuspecting.

Loud Boy said...

The neighbor's chocolate lab got her. The kids and I pulled into the driveway just as the other neighbor placed the cat’s body on the porch. She had to pry the cat out of the dog’s mouth. It was brutal. We didn’t blog it because the kids are still having a hard time with it.

mandi said...

Ok that doesn't make me laugh. That's really really horrible. I'm sorry. Wow. This post has turned a sad corner.

That's one more reason I hate dogs. I've seen a dog do that to a kitty and it was highly traumatic. I say we sic Grandma Death on that chocolate lab.

mandi said...

Just imagine how awesome a revenge that would be. Cold, sinewy claws wrapped around his body, doing her trademark slump on top of him, and just creeping that dog out super hardcore.

Jaime said...

Mandi... you really need to write a book. Mike -I am sorry about your cat! Madisen came to piano looking like she'd cried for hours. It was sad! Those dumb dogs. I watched 2 rot wilers?? (huked on fonics wurks fur me) anyways - they tore apart a cat in my back yard and I found one of Jody's guns that were at our house - I don't even know what kind it was... a long one. And I was attempting to shoot the dogs. That's how outta my mind I was - I was nineteen, by the way. When I realized I had no idea what I was doing and that I was more a danger to myself than the dogs, I put the gun away and threw rocks. It was horrible. RAMBLING. sorry.

mandi said...

ha ha Jaime that was funny. Your hooked on phonics thing. I remember that episode with those dogs. That would have been SO FREAKY. Why would anyone own dogs like that. STUPID! I totally think you should have wasted them with your gun.

Zak said...

Do you know what kind of gun it was?? A bb gun, or a large rifle? I think that would be hilarious to see a frantic 19 year old girl with a huge hunting rifle.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com