Well, I don't have the cord for my camera to download pictures, so I'm forced to write about a semi-touchy subject which I thought was hilarious. I hope no one is harmed in the publishing of this post.
The other night we were at Mom's for on-Sunday. (I guess this is mostly for Zak since everyone else knows about it.) Mom and Dad were taking the kids overnight for a "camping" trip - the location being the tent-trailer in the driveway. The kids were super excited and at about 8:30 they all went out there and were getting their camp on. Heidi, Gary, Paul, Jaime and I had been throwing around the idea of playing a game together. For some reason it took FOREVER to decide on the game, get it out, get everyone ready to play, etc. So we started with Pictionary, but after one turn I was already bored and switched it to Guesstures. We had taken about 3 turns and the fun ball was just starting to roll, when mom came in and announced that we were ruining the kids' fun by our presence and could we please leave? I hadn't been reading any clues that mom was bugged, so it was sort of shocking, but also super funny. I didn't really understand why, either, because the kids were in the trailer and we were in the house. Anyway, we left in shame. Paul said he was proud of mom and loved her even more for having the guts to kick us out. That feeling might not be unanimous.........but I have no hard feelings about it. Thanks for taking the kids, mom. They had a really fun time.Speaking of not taking hints, last night we took Jessie home from Maddie's party. (Sorry, Jaime. I hope you don't mind me telling this.) We were sitting outside on Jaime's lawn chatting about stuff. Jaime kept saying she was having bad stomach pains, so I shared my own digestive problems. To keep it nice, let's say my problem is that there is no relief, while Jaime was having very urgent relief. She mentioned it a couple times during our conversation, and then I went to catch Oliver from going in the street and suddenly Jaime was gone. I didn't think anything of it, and Kobe said to me and Paul, "My mom said you can come in the house." I thought maybe she had something to show us, or she was hot outside or something, so Paul and I went in. Paul played the piano and I sat on the couch for awhile. Then I went to look at her garden and show Oliver the dog, and I kept thinking, "Where is Jaime??" FINALLY (after about 10 minutes) it dawned on me. Ooooh. Stomach pains. Urgency. Aaahhh. "Paul - I think it's time for us to go." Jaime did make it out to tell us goodbye, but I felt pretty dumb that I hadn't caught on sooner. Duhr.

11 comments:
She didnt say it that way. She said "you know how you guys were asking of you should leave? Could you maybe do that?" and she was all meek and embarrassed to say it and I laughed at the situation she was in. I understood completely. What made it extra-funny was Garold's saying "Can we just hang out in the garage?"
haha Garence is funny. Yeah - I should say I didn't actually hear her say it. I just witnessed the aftermath.
Thank you Paul for calling me meek, and Gary for trying to make things a little lighter (with the garage comment). I was trying to be diplomatic - but there was no way I could be and tell you to get the hey out (just kidding). I think what happened were my expectations for the perfect night with the older kids were not in sinc with your party mode. I love for you guys to be together having fun - that is totally the point of ON Sunday. I think I had a hormonal melt down or something. Dad was amazed. I want to apologize to all of you. Sorry. Also, I'm an early bird - late to me is about 9:00. I can't be 100% responsible for losing it after that.
Too bad Tiffany and Zak weren't around for the ON Sunday drama.
Mom- that was funny. I did pick up on the hints but was too selfish to leave when I was kickin butt at guesstures. Sorry mom.
Thanks for the great story Mandi. That was just really bad timing and it could NOT wait. The really bad thing was that one of the kids was in my bedroom bathroom so I had to use the hall bathroom. I could hear you guys out there talking and playing the piano... embarrassing.
haha Oh Jaime I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better we didn't hear anything. That's why we remained clueless for so long.
I heard and smelled everything.
I think part of the issue is that Mom needs a little more assistance on the On Sunday. I try to focus on the grandkids while she is getting things ready, but there is a lot to clean up afterwards and Mom does most of it. In this particular case, she wanted to concentrate on the kids who were there for the big campout, not cleaning up the kitchen after everyone left. Sorry you had to leave in shame. I was getting the tent trailer ready and was oblivious to the drama. We have just got to look at the situation from the other person's perspective and try not to be offended. Peace out.
What would be a good hint?
GTHO? Maybe Jaime could have used that when the gastric disturbances got out of hand.
I don't think you should feel shame when you leave - and I don't want to feel shame about telling you to leave ever again.
Did dad just say peace out? Is that the old temple 'dude' lingo these days?
Heidi, where are you?? We really want to hear from you.
Pressure!
Gary's just been taking the laptop to work, so I have no internet access. I woke up today at 7 and can't go back to sleep, so I'm out here looking at these exciting new posts.
That was funny on Sunday night. I could tell Mom was about to explode, when she said, "Maybe it would be best if you guys left!". I was totally surprised--I wasn't aware that she wanted us to leave. I feel bad for not noticing any "hints". I wasn't aware that you were trying to have a fun night with the kids. I thought it was just a big day the next day.
We usually aren't total jerks about helping out. I think we just forget, cause we're busy catching up and making sure kids are okay. Please please ask for help, when we are being dumb! k bye.
Post a Comment